2019 World Series (ASTROS vs. NATIONALS)

OFFNY

2 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Overturning the play at 3rd would have been a mistake. 

In addition, I hate that side effect of replay, did he lose contact for a split second and was the glove on at that time? Just kinda ticky tack and not in the spirit of the rule IMO.

Nah, it would have been the right call. It looked pretty clear to me that the tag was applied when his foot popped off the bag and before the trailing leg hit the bag. He clearly lost contact with the base with the tag applied. Several different angles of HD, slow motion footage. It looked pretty clear to me. The interference call was just embarrassing. Replay is pointless if they still get the call wrong. It happens way too often even in April.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think Hinch really should have let Greinke pitch longer. He was at 80 pitches and the Astros bullpen is gassed or at least the pitchers Hinch trusts. 

He should have brought Cole in right on top of Greinke...7th Game is not like playing the Orioles in June. 

In Hinch's defense, he did not immediately make the call to the bullpen when he went out to Greinke. They had a little exchange, Greinke nodded his head and then Hinch made the point to the pen while standing on the mound with him, so it looked to me like Greinke was ok with the move. However, that was one of those situations where the only thing holding the Nats offense back was Greinke and pulling him for anyone would be a bad move. Sometimes, you don't have a choice though.