Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

9 minutes ago, gtown said:

Non-first round draft picks are rarely going to appear on a midseason top 30 list the year they are drafted, so Peek and Brnovich's exclusion means little to me.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

But Houston might have the highest payroll next year. I doubt the Orioles will ever be close to the top.

I don’t expect that. I just want to see early extensions for position players and real spending on SP when the time warrants.  

10 minutes ago, oriole said:

This is exactly the type of package I was afraid of getting for Bundy. Absolute bust in my eyes. I’d rather watch Bundy pitch. I’m not gonna be dramatic because it’s part of a rebuild but this is just as much of a salary dump as the Villar trade was. Absolutely no value coming back between the two trades.

You got some lottery numbers to play, too?  

Just now, Frobby said:

One takeaway I have from these trades is that Elias thinks our next window is pretty far away.    The guys we are acquiring are mostly very far away from the majors.    

I think it's more about that "pipeline" than any actual window. He's just getting whatever he can that he likes. And our pieces are such that there's more value in getting lower minors guys. 

But also yeah. Our window is a couple years into the Hall/Rutsch era realistically. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

We just don't know if there's no value. I thought the whole idea with Elias and Sig is they might actually be able to develop guys and tweak fringey guys. No one believes in that possibility anymore?

I didn’t want to see Bundy traded for low level lottery ticket type of players. I know the next few years are lost years but someone has to pitch and I’d rather watch a guy like Bundy who I can root for and wish well for his career than have a few guys who will very likely never make the majors. I’m no scout, I’ll leave the optimism about the players up to those who are familiar with them. I was just really hoping if Bundy was traded, it’d be for at least one prospect worth hoping on. Otherwise I’d be happy to watch him pitch on a 100+ loss team.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

One takeaway I have from these trades is that Elias thinks our next window is pretty far away.    The guys we are acquiring are mostly very far away from the majors.    

Yes. But these are college pitchers. One of them pitched in A+ in the Cal league. Like Tillman!