Iglesias signs with O's

weams

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Iglesias can spell Martin?????   That is a joke.   Iglesias will be the regular SS and either Valaika, Martin or someone else Elias adds wills spell Iglesias at SS.

Roch must have gotten that wrong.   If Martin makes the team, he will spell Iglesias, not the other way around.   

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Iglesias can spell Martin?????   That is a joke.   Iglesias will be the regular SS and either Valaika, Martin or someone else Elias adds wills spell Iglesias at SS.

Yeah, this makes no sense.  They just didn't drop a few million on Iglesias to "spell Martin."  I mean, I can spell Martin just fine, as you can see.  M-a-r-t-i-n.  I can also spell the female version just fine, too.... M-a-r-t-i-n-a.  Kinda tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad.

Jokes aside, it really doesn't make sense.  I like Richie Martin, I think he can be a good backup middle infielder type.  And he picked it up with the bat in the 2nd half.

But Iglesias wasn't signed to back Richie Martin up, that doesn't make any sense.

But can the backup spell Iglesias?  I-g-l-e-s-i-a-s.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Scalious said:

Would have preferred we did a deal like Jimmy Nelson then Jose Iglesias.

High risk/high upside, over high floor low ceiling. Maybe it's too early to be hoping those type of deals?  

My guess is that Nelson could have gotten that same deal from any team and he chose the Dodgers.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Roch has it right in his blog.   He just messed up the tweet.

Does Roch have a blog entry about the Elias conference call?   I don’t see it.   

Edit: odd, it wasn’t there when I first read your post, but now it is:  
https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/01/elias-on-iglesias-signing-and-its-impact-on-martin-and-club.html