Nothing from the pitcher minicamp this past week in Sarasota?

SteveA

I know they had no media present, but you would think they could have leaked a little tidbit or two to Roch or Joe Trezza.   Or a reporter could have made a few calls.

Come on, it's winter, we have snow coming tomorrow.   I just want to hear about the ball looking good coming out of some pitcher's hand, or what great shape someone appears to be in.

From new bullpen coach Darren Holmes:

”These guys are eager. We have maybe seven or eight guys here right now, we’ve got a couple more guys coming in, and these guys are incredibly engaged in the things that we’re giving them and the message that we’re sending them. They want to be good. I think just talking with the guys, they understand what happened last year, they understand that they need to make improvements for this year and that’s what we’re working with them on.

“We’re identifying guys, identifying the things that they need to work on. We’re meeting with them one-on-one and having one-on-one conversations, and then we’re going out to the bullpen and we’re working on stuff. It’s real exciting. The cool thing about this is that there’s three of us who are working with these pitchers and all three of us are giving the same message. We’re saying the same things. That’s really huge in this baseball world because sometimes one coach can tell a guy something and then two weeks later another coach is telling the guy something different and you’re giving them mixed signals.

“I think by us being united, it’s really going to help the psyche of these young guys.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/01/how-holmes-joined-orioles-coaching-staff.html

You’re welcome.   

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wouldn't be the worst idea to get some of the position players some more instruction on the mound.

Yep, plus @Luke-OH to get with the detailed analytics sauce for which he is so famous!   He's already schooled Armstrong.   If Stevie had another MLB ready pitch, who knows?  Boom!  ?