Chris Davis, 2020

Frobby

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Although many long term deals are not good for teams as it relates to value provided. As to whether the decline in performance of those mega long term deal players relates to their motivation is impossible to measure as no player readily acknowledges they are less motivated after becoming financially wealthy beyond their wildest dreams.   But it is there nonetheless.  Davis is just a bit easier to come to that conclusion given his behavior eschewing change or attempts for improvements. 

And the changes in his physique.

I have hope that now having a full season under his belt and this offseason with new regime that some respectable hitting especially the long ball will come back. Grant it I imagine he’ll still strike out at alarming rate but if his contact fly ball ratio could stay the same and those fly balls from last year and yr before can again turn into homeruns we could be in for a surprise. I have a lot of faith Sig and hope Davis listened to suggestions. 

2 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Do you still get paid? 

All suspensions are without pay.  A player receiving a lifetime ban can apply for reinstatement after one year and be eligible for reinstatement after two.

All things considered, I don't expect CD to "bulk up" extravagantly.  Not much beyond three daily protein bars instead of two in fact.

8 hours ago, 24fps said:

All suspensions are without pay.  A player receiving a lifetime ban can apply for reinstatement after one year and be eligible for reinstatement after two.

All things considered, I don't expect CD to "bulk up" extravagantly.  Not much beyond three daily protein bars instead of two in fact.

Pretty unlikely the Angelos are going to get any Jennry Meija type relief from this albatross of a contract. 

Here’s an interesting chart I hadn’t seen before.    It shows Davis’ swing and take rates in different zones, radiating from the center of the plate.   Not surprisingly, it shows that Davis’ take rate on pitches in the “heart” was 38%, much higher than league average 27%.     He’s -14 runs in the heart of the plate.   https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/visuals/swing-take?playerId=448801&playerSet=hitters&year=2019

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Here’s an interesting chart I hadn’t seen before.    It shows Davis’ swing and take rates in different zones, radiating from the center of the plate.   Not surprisingly, it shows that Davis’ take rate on pitches in the “heart” was 38%, much higher than league average 27%.     He’s -14 runs in the heart of the plate.   https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/visuals/swing-take?playerId=448801&playerSet=hitters&year=2019

Yeah this isn’t a surprise. Like I have said before , he takes pitches right down the middle and swings at balls in the dirt.  So I don’t think there is any hope for him.  Well unless the Orioles start stealing pitch type.

46 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yeah this isn’t a surprise. Like I have said before , he takes pitches right down the middle and swings at balls in the dirt.  So I don’t think there is any hope for him.  Well unless the Orioles start stealing pitch type.

Trade him to Houston for a ball of ball’s?

• 2 weeks later...