MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

atomic

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Do the Orioles get the second overall pick next year if there is no baseball this year?

When the NHL canceled their season due to the lockout the next draft was ordered by lottery. So who knows?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

My coworker is there right now. I think she's absolutely insane. 

Disney people. 

I've done a lot of work for Disney over the years and have always had a very high opinion of them.  However, to still have their amusement parks open right now is unconscionable.  There is no excuse to be open for business tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, atomic said:

I was there at the end of January.  There were already a lot of Chinese people with masks on.   I was a little bit worried back then.  At this point you have to be a total lunatic to stand in line with thousands of other people.  

I was supposed to spend all next week relaxing on the beach in Barbados. I had to cancel.   Now I will be stuck at home worrying about whether I am going to get a disease.  

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

If you're the Astros bigwigs, how great is this news? You get to duck under a bigger news story and come back the following year when the cheating scandal has largely blown over. 

Maybe the Astros are behind it...

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Starting to look like today's games will just happen and things will be cancelled starting tomorrow. Who knows. 

What a mess.

If you know you are going to cancel tomorrow's games why wouldn't you cancel today's games?