Fake crowd noise

MurphDogg

Haven't heard whether all teams are using it, but there will be some fake crowd noise this year.

Based on this tweet from Roch, sounds like the Orioles will have it at Camden Yards.

Interesting article yesterday in The Athletic about the Red Sox plan for fake crowd noise and how there will be a single DJ/MC mixing the crowd noise.

Curious what everyone's thoughts are. I watched soccer with and without it, and I thought it was better to have it.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

What I saw yesterday is that all teams will be using it and it is in fact a league mandate to use it.

I just wonder if the "home" crowd at OPACY will cheer when the Red Sox and Yankees do well?

I hadn't heard it was a league mandate, only an option. This CBS article from today seems to draw the same conclusion.

Can't imagine the "home" OPACY crowd will cheer for the Yankees and Red Sox. I don't think they do so in MLB the Show, even though they arguably should.

15 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Haven't heard whether all teams are using it, but there will be some fake crowd noise this year.

Based on this tweet from Roch, sounds like the Orioles will have it at Camden Yards.

Interesting article yesterday in The Athletic about the Red Sox plan for fake crowd noise and how there will be a single DJ/MC mixing the crowd noise.

Curious what everyone's thoughts are. I watched soccer with and without it, and I thought it was better to have it.

The soccer implementation on TV is fine.  It feels more like a normal game, and you're not normally panning the lack of crowd, reminding you it's fake.

But in stadium?  That might be a little strange.  If I were in charge of it I'd probably get fired.  I'd have to insert heckling.  Bird noises.  Pterodactyl noises. Train crashes.  Ralph and Alice fighting.  Every Yankee or Sox at bat greeted by a deafening chorus of boos.  Every Rays at bat greeted by dead silence.  Random, jarring, loud shouts of "balk" while the opposing pitcher was at the set position.  "Move it along *$@%($%" every time someone steps out to fix their batting glove.

• Haha 2