Tommy Milone 2020

Il BuonO

6 hours ago, byrdz said:

Fun watching him get swing and misses on that 87mph fastball. 

He changes speeds well and there’s a big differential from that 87 mph FB to his 78-80 mph CH. He also commands his breaking stuff along with the other two. 

Pitching is about changing speeds and command. He had both yesterday.

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I really enjoy watching guys like Leblanc and Milone when they’re on their game.  

It’ll be interesting to see how long they can be effective, but I do really like the move to get both of these guys by Elias. If they were soft tossing righties, I’d have no confidence in them keeping it rolling.

But I think about guys like Jason Vargas that had a similar profile. It’s not unreasonable to think that their production could keep up for a while. 

They have to maintain really good control, but both of these guys know how to pitch and get the most out of their stuff. And it is fun to watch the pitch mixing and execution. 

9 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

He changes speeds well and there’s a big differential from that 87 mph FB to his 78-80 mph CH. He also commands his breaking stuff along with the other two. 

Pitching is about changing speeds and command. He had both yesterday.

Thanks Cakes.... I mean Il BuonO. It's all true. 

On 8/2/2020 at 2:54 PM, Il BuonO said:

Excellent outing for Milone.

5 IP

83 Pitches (59 Strikes, 24 Balls)

1 ER

6 H

0 BB

8 SO

5.63 2020 ERA

23 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, its not 8 SO, but a whole lot to like in this. 

6 IP

3 H

0 R

0 BB

3 SO

A unexpected surprise with just the last two.

o

In his last 2 outings combined, Malone has 11 Innings Pitched while ceding only 1 Run.

When he was acquired by the Orioles, the general consensus was that he was a veteran pitcher who would hopefully be an innings-eater to buy time for a young, rebuilding franchise ........ but he's not only eating innings, he is also pitching well in the process.

o