Update: Davis Activated! Davis to IL with knee injury

MurphDogg

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Hyde just confirmed he'll be riding the bench for the most part.

He shouldn't be on the team in the first place.  He hasn't cracked .200 the last 3 seasons! I know, it's the owner's call.  But it's a sunk investment, anybody with 2 eyes and a brain could see that. 

Chris Davis should sit out the rest season.  They only reason he gets chance after chance is because Peter Angelos is still hoping for Chris to get the magic back.  It will not happen.  Chris Davis fleeced the Orioles because his early success was PED enhanced.  I wish there was some way to get this contract voided.  This ADHD Adderall excuse is a bunch of junk.  He refuses to make any changes at the plate.  Stands there with his knees locked, holds bat straight up and swings at air.  I think of all the times Cal adjusted his swing to try to get out of a slump.  

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hopefully so.  But I think the only kind of dignity that he could hope to achieve is if Gary Sanchez somehow has a worse batting average.  Which is what I'm hoping for.

At least Chris had the good sense to wait until after his contract 

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

No, no one ever came back from anything like this.  He has hit .209 with a .726 OPS since the start of 2014, and that includes a year where he hit 47 homers and was worth five wins.  Over the past seven seasons he had 175% of his total value (4.9 of 2.8 wins) in 2015.

Davis has played in parts of 13 seasons.  In his top-3 peak he was worth just over 15 wins.  That's impressive, there are HOFers with lower peaks.  The other 10 years he's been about four wins below replacement.

Logically I agree.  My "legit hope" was more wishful thinking.

4 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He didn’t get an at bat here tells me he will not got many at bats.  Could have hit fir Stewart Severino or Valika.

Makes me wonder whether Hyde had any input on Davis coming back up. 

They can make Hyde roster him, but can't make Hyde play him.