How are you rooting Yankees-Blue Jays?

Just Regular

Speaking of the Blue Jays, I’m really enjoying Vlad Jr. being a mediocre MLB player.  Obviously he’s still very young and could turn it around, but how hilarious would it be if he caps out as a 2 WAR player?

Dude hits everything into the ground and is a totally worthless defender.  FanGraphs has him at 0.5 career WAR in 163 games. 

23 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm rooting for the Yankees to crater. I'd love to see us finish ahead of them in the standings. I've got a buddy who's a Yankees fan and a big $%*^ talker ...... if the Orioles finish ahead of them in the standings, I'm getting a giant yard-sign of the final standings, and posting it in his yard.

o

BALTIMORE ORIOLESlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. 32-28 llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.7.0

NEW YORK YANKEES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 31-29 llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 8.0

o

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Speaking of the Blue Jays, I’m really enjoying Vlad Jr. being a mediocre MLB player.  Obviously he’s still very young and could turn it around, but how hilarious would it be if he caps out as a 2 WAR player?

Dude hits everything into the ground and is a totally worthless defender.  FanGraphs has him at 0.5 career WAR in 163 games. 

I think he is going to age fast due to his weight 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Admittedly, he hasn’t done anything amazing yet, but he’s only 21 and firmly established in the major leagues.    I wouldn’t assign him to the mediocre category yet, though plainly he’s never going to be a positive contributor defensively.     

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Admittedly, he hasn’t done anything amazing yet, but he’s only 21 and firmly established in the major leagues.    I wouldn’t assign him to the mediocre category yet, though plainly he’s never going to be a positive contributor defensively.     

He hits the ball very hard.  He makes a small launch angle adjustment and he's an offensive force.

He's also a DH at 21 and that caps his value.

20 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If one gets in I hope it's the Yankees.

The Yankees sneak into the playoffs and it's still a failure of a season, the Jays get in and it's a cause for celebration.

You may be underestimating two things: (1) the epic nature of the NYYs' failure, as perceived by the media, fans, front office and ownership, if they don't qualify for a sixteen-team post-season, and (2) the possibility that the NYYs would be a dangerous playoff team if they do qualify and get some of their injured players back.

I don't like rooting for the BJs, but there's one very large factor in their favor: they're not the NYYs.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

You may be underestimating two things: (1) the epic nature of the NYYs' failure, as perceived by the media, fans, front office and ownership, if they don't qualify for a sixteen-team post-season, and (2) the possibility that the NYYs would be a dangerous playoff team if they do qualify and get some of their injured players back.

I don't like rooting for the BJs, but there's one very large factor in their favor: they're not the NYYs.

Even healthy I don't think they can run this gambit.  I also don't think Cashman is going to do anything stupid and the Boys seem happy enough with him running the show.

If the Yankees were way ahead in first place, totally uncatchable, and the Orioles were neck-and-neck with the Jays, I might consider rooting for the Yankees.

The way the standings are right now, I root for the Blue Jays over the Yankees.  No question about it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Yankees bullpen just imploded worse than any bullpen in all of baseball so far this season .Yankee Beat Writer >>>>>

Nightmare in the 6th. Walk Flyout Walk Hit Error Hit Hit Walk Hit Walk Grand slam

A yankees fan responding to Mr. Brian Hoch....(The Blue Jays went over half-an-hour without making an out) >>>>>>

Replying to
The previous out was recorded at 9:11 pm. It’s currently 9:48.
Edited by HOF19

17 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Yankees bullpen just imploded worse than any bullpen in all of baseball so far this season .Yankee Beat Writer >>>>>

Nightmare in the 6th. Walk Flyout Walk Hit Error Hit Hit Walk Hit Walk Grand slam

For even more fun, go read the anguish at pinstripe alley.

they never give credit to the opposition, they just want to fire Boone.

• Haha 1

Yankees gotta hope that that bullpen implosion is not the Story that ESPN and MLB Network do not make the #1 story of this night in all of MLB Baseball because if they do .....They will show it and show it and show it and show it and show it !

• Upvote 1