How are you rooting Yankees-Blue Jays?

Just Regular

10 of their last 20 head-to-head, including 10 of Toronto's next 17 as their 58/59/60 are against us.

This flight of whimsy in case Wojo/Means/Lopez/Akin/Kremer give 20 mostly credible starts.

I think I want to say the 8th seed optimizing wish is that if the Yankees can beat us 19 straight times, why can't they beat the Blue Jays 10 straight times?

Then we have a game on the Tigers for the 3-week sprint.  Red Sox (and Blue Jays if Yankees really stomp) in week 3 could be walking dead.

Sketching that scenario it is just now hitting me that if Yankees go 7-3 or 8-2 against Toronto, while our playoff odds may be 8% on ESPN now, the odds of us being within 3 games of Toronto entering the final weekend may stick in the 25-50% range.   I guess that makes Means Ballard, Akin and Kremer Harnisch and Milacki, etc.   Definitely Wojo is Dave Johnson.

10 good days - we get all the fun stuff from Bowie for the last 10, right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

FYI there are no tiebreakers this season. If the Orioles finish tied with Toronto for the last spot, they will get it because they won the season series.

Hmmm....didn't know that, thanks.

We are 3-3 vs the Yankees.  What if we go 5-5 against them and tie for the #8 spot?  Who gets it?

45 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Hmmm ...... I didn't know that, thanks.

We are 3-3 vs the Yankees. What if we go 5-5 against them, and tie for the #8 spot ???  Who gets it ???

o

Overall run differential, strength of schedule, total runs in common games, intra-divisional record, intra-league record, RPI rankings, Saragin's ratings, a poll of sportswriters from the Associated Press, the opinion of the other 28 Major League managers, and then a coin flip.

o

10 hours ago, SteveA said:

Hmmm....didn't know that, thanks.

We are 3-3 vs the Yankees.  What if we go 5-5 against them and tie for the #8 spot?  Who gets it?

Then it would be based on record vs. the division, I believe. The Yankees are currently 12-11 against the East (with a perfect 7-0 against Boston!) and the Orioles are 11-14.

7 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Then it would be based on record vs. the division, I believe. The Yankees are currently 12-11 against the East (with a perfect 7-0 against Boston!) and the Orioles are 11-14.

So likely to make the playoffs we will probably have to get 3rd place outright and not tie for it. Sales it significantly tougher.

Thanks for the info.