Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

5 hours ago, SteveA said:

Dan Straily notched his 200th strikeout today, the first KBO pitcher to reach that mark in a season since Hyun Jin Ryu in 2012.

Baseball reference has him at 185K's.  I know they are slow to update, but if they are only missing one game then he struck out 15 in his last outing.  Pretty impressive. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=strail001dan

1 hour ago, murph said:

Baseball reference has him at 185K's.  I know they are slow to update, but if they are only missing one game then he struck out 15 in his last outing.  Pretty impressive. 

I believe he did.   This was in a tweet by someone who follows that league, and it noted he had a big K day and surpassed 200.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Must be nice to be a guy like Straily who wasn't effective in the MLB anymore but can go dominate in Japan.  If you still feel good, love the game and want to get a few more paydays, it's a good option for a guy like that.

MLB players probably go over there and the KBO and feel like

VastIncomparableIbex-size_restricted.gif

Korea.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:08 PM, murph said:

Apparently baseball reference was two games behind.  Straily didn't strike out 15 in one game, but 11 in one and 9 in another.  12 was his highest total this year.  Just was curious...

https://mykbostats.com/players/1949-Dan-Straily-Lotte-Giants

On 10/27/2020 at 9:07 AM, Spy Fox said:

It's surprising Manny only has 2 GGs. Though he had to contend with one of the steadiest 3b ever in Beltre, and he didn't do himself any favors moving the same league as Arenado.

Quite honestly, Manny slipped a bit defensively when he started adding bulk and becoming a power hitter.    He’s still a very good defensive 3B, but no longer at the very top.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Despaigne re-signing in Korea.  I missed that he was there last year, seems to be quite a few ex O'x in Korea.

Odrisamer Despaigne has re-signed with the KT Wiz of the Korea Baseball Organization.

It's a one-year, $800,000 deal that carries a $300,000 signing bonus, a $500,000 salary for 2021, and another $300,000 in possible performance-based incentives. Despaigne, who spent parts of six seasons in Major League Baseball between 2014-2019, went 15-8 with a 4.33 ERA in 207 2/3 innings this past year in the KBO.

Nestor Cortes is heading back to the Yankees.   Have to admit I was pretty excited about him when Luke talked him about his command and deception.   And I don't mean that as any slight against Luke.  Just enjoyed is analysis and was hoping he was right.

Nestor Cortes said on his Instagram account that he's headed back to the Yankees.

The team has yet to announce the signing. Cortes appeared in 33 games with the Yankees in 2019 while posting a 5.67 ERA and 69/28 K/BB ratio over 66 2/3 innings. He made five appearances with the Mariners this past season before going down with an elbow impingement. He became a free agent in October after being outrighted off the 40-man roster.

Related:
Dec 21, 2020, 3:45 PM ET