Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Nah, the Orioles are winning so it's not fair to evaluate his performance, rolls eyes...

The Parra trade turned the tide for me. He blew it by letting Cruz go and replacing with crap and then gives up a pitching prospect from a barren system. Irresponsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, the Orioles are winning so it's not fair to evaluate his performance, rolls eyes...

The Parra trade turned the tide for me. He blew it by letting Cruz go and replacing with crap and then gives up a pitching prospect from a barren system. Irresponsible.

I'm not as down on him for letting Cruz go. EVERYONE was calling that a horrible contract when the M's signed him. No one thought he would follow a career year at age 33 in 2014 with an even better year in 2015.

Trading our best healthy pitching prospect (also MLB ready) for a two month rental having a career year was irresponsible considering the team's odds of making the postseason were not great.

I'm not as down on him for letting Cruz go. EVERYONE was calling that a horrible contract when the M's signed him. No one thought he would follow a career year at age 33 in 2014 with an even better year in 2015.

Trading our best healthy pitching prospect (also MLB ready) for a two month rental having a career year was irresponsible considering the team's odds of making the postseason were not great.

Not me. I would have given Cruz 4 years. One year dead money but with escalating salaries, not bad. Plus he was great for chemistry. Huge Cruz fan.

EVERYONE was calling that a horrible contract when the M's signed him.

Not everyone. I said then I would have gladly given Cruz that deal. Luckily we found a clone in Trumbo. Hope we keep him here.

And, yeah, that Davies trade was horrid.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I said at the time it was a GREAT signing by Seattle and never wavered from that position. And I think everyone's tired of talking about Cruz. But I'll agree with you that the Davies for Para trade was more obviously foolish.

I judge process over results, so I was against the Davies trade, but fine with not signing an aging, PED marred DH sign a large 4 year contract.

Trading starting pitching prospect for low impact rentals will be the biggest black mark on this amazing O's run.

• 4 weeks later...

o

(vs. CUBS, 7/07)

Markakis hit 2 home runs tonight.

The second home run came in the top of the 9th inning, with his team trailing by a run.

That second home run sent the game into extra innings, where the Braves prevailed by a score of 4-3.

The 2 Markakis home runs also accounted for all of the Braves' runs in regulation (the first 9 innings.)

The first HR was a bomb. Even with the 2 homers yesterday, he only has 4 for the year, so I guess the theory that some power would return after being able to have his normal offseason workout routine is pretty much out the window.