Theo Epstein

Sports Guy

I asked this in another thread about the potential sale of the team, but is there any set amount for buying a share of the team? Or a fractional share? Could a guy show up with a quarter million dollars and buy a piece of ownership?

Or does that vary from team to team?

25 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Lmao how’d I know the second I saw this that SG would be in here starting a thread on it? SG, you’re as predictable as the sun rising and setting. 

Yes, I do tend to want my team to do the intelligent things.  I can see how that would be predictable of me.  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes, I do tend to want my team to do the intelligent things.  I can see how that would be predictable of me.  :)

Would you want Theo to keep Elias, or replace him?   I never got a good feel for how Epstein divided responsibilities with Jed Hoyer.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Would you want Theo to keep Elias, or replace him?   I never got a good feel for how Epstein divided responsibilities with Jed Hoyer.

I have zero issue with a power sharing thing with Epstein and Elias.

But beyond that, a new ownership group is far better than anything Elias will do with this team.

Thats nothing against Elias..I really like what he is building but he will always be hamstrung by this family. 

If a new ownership group comes in here with Epstein as a guy to help build us, even better.

12 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

If a new ownership group comes in here with Epstein as a guy to help build us, even better.

Here is a crucial key to remember here.

Replacement sake for ownership, does not mean you get somebody better.

What is Epstein's track record as owner?

I would have concerns that somebody once a GM, would be a micro manager over a job that he used to do.

31 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Here is a crucial key to remember here.

Replacement sake for ownership, does not mean you get somebody better.

What is Epstein's track record as owner?

I would have concerns that somebody once a GM, would be a micro manager over a job that he used to do.

First of all, it would be extremely difficult to get someone worse than the Angelos family.  They have arguably been the worst ownership group in pro sports over the last 20ish years.  (Sterling probably worse but PA is right with him..although PA is a better human being of course).  I’ll take the odds that things improve with a new ownership group.

Secondly, Theo doesn’t have the money to be much more than a minority owner.  The idea of him being part owner would likely be more of a ceremonial title and more of the primary owner bringing him on to run the team...it would be much like his role with the Cubs but probably with a little more power.

Off topic but I saw this quote from him this morning and thought it was interesting:

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

First of all, it would be extremely difficult to get someone worse than the Angelos family.  They have arguably been the worst ownership group in pro sports over the last 20ish years.  (Sterling probably worse but PA is right with him..although PA is a better human being of course).  I’ll take the odds that things improve with a new ownership group.

Secondly, Theo doesn’t have the money to be much more than a minority owner.  The idea of him being part owner would likely be more of a ceremonial title and more of the primary owner bringing him on to run the team...it would be much like his role with the Cubs but probably with a little more power.

Off topic but I saw this quote from him this morning and thought it was interesting:

agree to disagree

Im not ready to paint the sons, with the same brush that Peter is painted with. You will never get an argument from me about how bad PAG is.

You also should see the differences in this team, with the sons being in charge.

Im glad you think the world of Theo. Im not that impressed, but again, thats just my own opinion.

I want an owner, that is zealous with their love of the game, the team, the franchise and the team history. You will not get that with Theo.

I want an owner that is going to sit in the owner's suite and attend the games.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

agree to disagree

Im not ready to paint the sons, with the same brush that Peter is painted with. You will never get an argument from me about how bad PAG is.

You also should see the differences in this team, with the sons being in charge.

Im glad you think the world of Theo. Im not that impressed, but again, thats just my own opinion.

I want an owner, that is zealous with their love of the game, the team, the franchise and the team history. You will not get that with Theo.

I want an owner that is going to sit in the owner's suite and attend the games.

I don’t know how you can’t be impressed by arguably the most successful GM over the last quarter century.

And yea, the sons are better than dad but if you think they are really good owners, your bar is low.  They still aren’t good..they are just able to clear the low bar set by their dad.  That’s not very difficult to do.   It’s kind of like winning the tallest midget contest.  

And again, Theo won’t be the owner.  He will have ownership stake.  There is a huge difference there.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

ftYBzL4.gif?noredirect 

• Upvote 1