Mlb.com O's Opening Day Roster (Trezza)

Aristotelian

16 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Mike Yastrzemski is a top 50 prospect compared to Ryan Ripken. Yaz has been a big surprise with the Giants, but Ryan Ripken is 27 years old with 100 at bats above A ball. It's only a matter of time until Ryan joins Ripken Baseball full time.  

But by any reasonable metric that time was years ago.

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Really good post here. I think you nailed it though I'm still hoping Zimmermann makes the rotation and one of Harvey/Hernandez goes to the pen as a long guy. 

Thank you! I am with you on Zimm. I just think they'll want the vets to work every fifth day in their comfort zone, at least initially, to see where it takes them in May or June. And I think Matt Harvey could eventually have success as late inning reliever, while focusing on two or three pitches. Perhaps a velo bump and his competitive nature would make him pretty tough in short stints. Would he embrace it?

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s going to be really ironic if Zimmermann joins Means as a mainstay of our rotation.    Talk about two unhyped prospects!   It would be cool to see Zimmermann make the most of his abilities, he’s come a long way since we acquired him.  

Yeah, he must be carrying some McGregor/Flanagan mojo in that 'stache of his. :)

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

Cross these guys off the list:

”The first round of cuts was made today, with the Orioles reassigning catcher Brett Cumberland, infielder Mason McCoy, right-hander Marcos Diplán and left-handers Josh Rogers and Zach Muckenhirn to Twin Lakes camp.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/03/wrapping-up-means-start-defense-cuts-and-13-1-loss.html

No surprises there.   

I was hoping Muckenhirn would have made it.  He has to be one of the top 5 Muckenhirn's the O's have ever had.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

I missed the game, but I don’t see why Lopez and Zimmerman can’t both make it. I don’t think the king is going to go anywhere. But Leblanc might. He’s done well so far

He doesn't have a guaranteed contract.  If he looks done it would be stupid to pay him a million.

On 3/8/2021 at 10:42 AM, Tony-OH said:

Lol.. The Ryan Ripken thing cracks me up every year. It honestly boggles almost everyone's mind as well, especially this year when he was given a minor league invite. Guess that Ripken name still carries some weight because it has nothing to do with him as an actual baseball player.

And he's gotten into what 1 game? 2 tops? So weird.

On 3/8/2021 at 10:42 AM, Tony-OH said:

Lol.. The Ryan Ripken thing cracks me up every year. It honestly boggles almost everyone's mind as well, especially this year when he was given a minor league invite. Guess that Ripken name still carries some weight because it has nothing to do with him as an actual baseball player.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I mean I'm sure Elias thinks he's a possible piece going forward because he's in camp.  It would be very old school Orioles for someone to be pressuring the GM in some way to get Ryan some reps.  That sort of stuff doesn't happen here anymore.

Have Harvey and Felix shown anything that says they deserve to make the OD roster.  I haven't seen any of the games.  Well no O's fan has seen many games, but the results haven't looked good.  I would be surprised is LeBlanc isn't on the OD roster over one of Harvey/Felix.  Is Eshelmann still available?  Starting pitching looks really thin.  It looked thin before Cobb was traded.