Yankees Need Catching Depth

ScGO's

19 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

I think you're all missing the exciting future possibilities with this trade. In 5 years, Dominguez will be AA ready and we can flip him for 3 teenagers with sky high potential! 

I don't know if Elias is going to be so aggressive with promotions.  He might have to earn his way out of the DSL.

15 hours ago, Ruzious said:

What's the point of making that argument?  He's the consensus #2 prospect in baseball.  And of course the O's are committed to his success - as they should be.    

Because Frobby said attachment has nothing to do with it.  He’s wrong.  It definitely plays a factor, whether you are conscious of it or not.

How good of a prospect he is also a big reason.  

There is never just one reason for something.  There are always layers to every decision, question, conversation, etc...

If we had drafted Witt instead of Adley, people on here would be saying that Rutschman hasn’t done much in the minors yet, that he is already 23 and will wear down much quicker.  

“Glad we took the younger player who we should have for more prime years”

I believe that would be the argument even with Adley being ranked #2.  

But since OUR TEAM took Adley, he is our guy!!!!  

Zero doubt that is part of this equation.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Because Frobby said attachment has nothing to do with it.  He’s wrong.  He definitely plays a factor.

There is never just one reason for something.  There are always layers to every decision, question, conversation, etc...

If we had drafted Witt instead of Adley, people on here would be saying that Rutschman hasn’t done much in the minors yet, that he is already 23 and will wear down much quicker.  

Maybe to you.   I don’t feel any particular attachment to Rutschman.    But I was extremely glad we picked him because of the scouting consensus on him, and nothing has changed in that regard.   

Ask me if I’d trade Grayson Rodriguez for Dominguez.   Now that’s a tougher question and maybe attachment would come into play there.    It’s a non-factor with Rutschman.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Maybe to you.   I don’t feel any particular attachment to Rutschman.    But I was extremely glad we picked him because of the scouting consensus on him, and nothing has changed in that regard.   

Ask me if I’d trade Grayson Rodriguez for Dominguez.   Now that’s a tougher question and maybe attachment would come into play there.    It’s a non-factor with Rutschman.  

To most fans, it’s how they would think.  There isn’t a question about that.  Fans are attached to their teams players.  That’s part of them being “fan”atical.

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

To most fans, it’s how they would think.  There isn’t a question about that.  Fans are attached to their teams players.  That’s part of them being “fan”atical.

I don’t disagree with this at all.   I’m 100% guilty of it myself.   I have to fight against that instinct all the time, and sometimes it overcomes me.  But I just don’t see it as a factor in deciding between Rutschman and Dominguez.    It’s not a very hard call.   

PS - That’s not to say that Rutschman will definitely be better.    But the odds are solidly in his favor and he’s by far the less risky player.  

Getting back to the subject here, I'd also drive Sisco or Severino to the airport if we could get something decent back from the Yankees.

I've been particularly hard on him in this thread, but AR needs to be up this summer at some point (yes, CoC, after they've manipulated his service clock) which would make Sisco or Severino expendable.  

Ooooh, what I'd give to see Severino in a Yankees uniform in the postseason and giving up a passed ball in a key moment.  The thought of that makes me giddy!

22 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Because Frobby said attachment has nothing to do with it.  He’s wrong.  It definitely plays a factor, whether you are conscious of it or not.

I agree with you, but in this particular case - I don't think it's a bad thing.  

20 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Getting back to the subject here, I'd also drive Sisco or Severino to the airport if we could get something decent back from the Yankees.

I've been particularly hard on him in this thread, but AR needs to be up this summer at some point (yes, CoC, after they've manipulated his service clock) which would make Sisco or Severino expendable.  

Ooooh, what I'd give to see Severino in a Yankees uniform in the postseason and giving up a passed ball in a key moment.  The thought of that makes me giddy!

Cuiffo may be the guy we want up here anyway.  I would definitely be looking to trade Severino (figure his value is more worth it to trade and keep Sisco’s bat in hope he develops).  He really doesn’t need to be here.  I’m actually surprised they tendered him a deal although I do agree that for his salary, he provides value to an extent.  

They should be able to trade him for something that is likely to be insignificant.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Cuiffo may be the guy we want up here anyway.  I would definitely be looking to trade Severino (figure his value is more worth it to trade and keep Sisco’s bat in hope he develops).  He really doesn’t need to be here.  I’m actually surprised they tendered him a deal although I do agree that for his salary, he provides value to an extent.  

They should be able to trade him for something that is likely to be insignificant.

I’d take Taylor Davis before Cuiffo, solely for his camera interactions.

Preferring the #2 prospect in baseball with well-documented high reviews from numerous scouts = Weird Attachment.

Preferring a prospect with no statistical backing from any form of organized baseball to bolster their argument = Not a Weird Attachment, Perfectly Reasonable.

And if you disagree, you are proving that you have a weird attachment to the #2 prospect.

Yeah, that sounds rational.

• Like 1