Renato Nunez cut by Tigers

Jammer7

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I wonder if he has an opt out on the milb deal he signed. I think he could help this team. Especially when we have injuries. 

How could he possibly help? And what exactly would he help the team do? He can't replace Hays or Santander. Regardless of the 3 wins against Boston, winning doesn't matter this season.

We’re a bat short as of now. Urias should not be starting at all. This team desperately needs another bat, especially when an injury happens.  If I’m having to live with Mountcastle in the field, at least let that be because Nunez is DH’ing instead of having a light hitting bat in the lineup.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re a bat short as of now. Urias should not be starting at all. This team desperately needs another bat, especially when an injury happens.  If I’m having to live with Mountcastle in the field, at least let that be because Nunez is DH’ing instead of having a light hitting bat in the lineup.

Maybe the Yankees will cut Rougned?  ?

Nunez is only 27. Meaning his bat is still in it’s prime. They guy is a available to be had for a bucket of balls. Newsflash this team is short a bat. Right now he’d only be taking away ABs from McKenna and Urias who are fringey bench players at best. 

Sometimes you can go back to a player after benching them, cutting them, or sending them down. Look at Mullins. 

13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Nunez is only 27. Meaning his bat is still in it’s prime. They guy is a available to be had for a bucket of balls. Newsflash this team is short a bat. Right now he’d only be taking away ABs from McKenna and Urias who are fringey bench players at best. 

Sometimes you can go back to a player after benching them, cutting them, or sending them down. Look at Mullins. 

This team is short some bats, some gloves and some arms.

Please, no more Nunez. I hope he does well in Detroit’s AAA team, but the Orioles moved on for good reason. There are reasons he was not signed by any other team as well. And those reasons are well documented. 

Give this team a few months before you start casting people off the island. They have played six games in very cold weather, and the ball was not carrying. They have faced some high level pitching as well, and they are 4-2. I believe they will hit for power and a solid average. The defense is suspect in spots, and Nunez will not help that in any way. The starting pitching has some questions to answer, and right now, I think that is our biggest weakness. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

Please, no more Nunez. I hope he does well in Detroit’s AAA team, but the Orioles moved on for good reason. There are reasons he was not signed by any other team as well. And those reasons are well documented. 

Give this team a few months before you start casting people off the island. They have played six games in very cold weather, and the ball was not carrying. They have faced some high level pitching as well, and they are 4-2. I believe they will hit for power and a solid average. The defense is suspect in spots, and Nunez will not help that in any way. The starting pitching has some questions to answer, and right now, I think that is our biggest weakness. 

Nunez was not brought back because of the arbitration salary figure he was going to earn. That’s why the team moved on. 

The lineup is real weak right now. Hays is never healthy. Santander has that issue a little too. Nunez was getting better at the plate. Also having him in the lineup made other hitters better. We’re a better team instantly if we stick him at DH, and the 5 spot in the lineup. 

At least last season we knew we could hang with anyone on offense. Bring back Nunez. Make the lineup good again. 

We’re real close to being watchable on a daily basis. The rotation has some hopeful pieces. Maybe even Plutko. The last pen is in shambles, but the first 5 innings of the game will make you want to tune in. 

Nunez batting 5th and DHing is what we need. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Nunez was not brought back because of the arbitration salary figure he was going to earn. That’s why the team moved on. 

The lineup is real weak right now. Hays is never healthy. Santander has that issue a little too. Nunez was getting better at the plate. Also having him in the lineup made other hitters better. We’re a better team instantly if we stick him at DH, and the 5 spot in the lineup. 

At least last season we knew we could hang with anyone on offense. Bring back Nunez. Make the lineup good again. 

We’re real close to being watchable on a daily basis. The rotation has some hopeful pieces. Maybe even Plutko. The last pen is in shambles, but the first 5 innings of the game will make you want to tune in. 

The ABs that Nunez would have gotten will go to Stewart and later Diaz.

11 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We went through this months ago, at length. The arbitration figure was more than he was worth, certainly. But so would just about any figure above a AAA contract. It was time for him to go. We have no need for a guy who cannot play any position on the field; I mean he’s not just a poor defender, he is absolutely terrible. So, a full time DH has to produce to justify taking the at bats away from younger position players who need the at bats. Those players have more value to the team in the future and that is plain as day. This has been Elias’ plan all along. 

For him to be of value, he would have to be in the realm of an Edwin Encarnacionfrom a few years ago, I’d settle for a light version even. He is not even close. He is a mistake hitter, and gets beat by average fastballs in the middle of the plate. There is a reason why no one else wanted him on their major league team. So, no thanks. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

We don't need a guy who can't hit a 51 mph pitch.  /s

At least he knew and didn't make a fool of himself swinging at it. BTW he also slammed a double and homer off of low-velo Zack Greinke.