POSTPONED?!?!?!??!

Moose Milligan

5 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Why are we acting like someone's pulling something here?

I'm guessing the Red Sox want to be extra cautious with inclement weather given the reduced capacity (12%) at Fenway right now and the less-than-modern architecture (wouldn't be good PR to have everyone crowded together in the concourse)

Those are tiny concourses.   Even smaller than the ones at Memorial used to be.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

It is definitely a bummer but that is why they have the built in Friday off day. Looking forward to Orioles baseball being played every day until the home opener. 

Yep.   And I wasn't going to be able to watch the game today, I'm still at work.

Tomorrow I think I might get in early and then take a couple hours off and get an early start on my weekend and watch the game.   So I like the rainout.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yep.   And I wasn't going to be able to watch the game today, I'm still at work.

Tomorrow I think I might get in early and then take a couple hours off and get an early start on my weekend and watch the game.   So I like the rainout.

Same, I'm off tomorrow and was sort of bummed I wouldn't have an Os game for the day off.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Those are tiny concourses.   Even smaller than the ones at Memorial used to be.

One of the oddest feelings in my life was going back to Memorial Stadium in 1996 for Ravens games. After 5 seasons of Camden Yards opened going back was crazy. It was like how did we deal with this all those years. 

6 hours ago, eddie83 said:

The Orioles beat the Royals on Opening Day in 1997. Just looked up box score. I remembered they won and who it’s was against.  

The losing pitcher that day for KC became a future Orioles player years later. 

Who was it? I never would have got it. 

Jamie Walker was the answer  I could have guess for a month and not got it. 

For what it's worth, I watched the Penguins vs. Bruins hockey game on the Pittsburgh sports channel this evening.

Penguins announcer Steve Mears said the weather in Boston was just awful.  He said the Pirates, who played in 36-degree weather in Chicago earlier in the day, were probably glad they didn't have to play in conditions the way they were in Boston.

7 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Why are we acting like someone's pulling something here ???

I'm guessing that the Red Sox want to be extra cautious with inclement weather, given the reduced capacity (12%) at Fenway Park right now, and the less-than-modern architecture (it wouldn't be good PR to have everyone crowded together in the concourse.)

o

Amazon.com: Shenanigans because Life's more fun when you're up to something!:  Handmade

21 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

What f'ing weather?

30% chance of rain up until 11 am and then it's like 45 degrees and cloudy the rest of the day.  As opposed to the 43 degrees and partly cloudy that's forecasted for game time tomorrow. 

Sounds like our typical MLB Opening day weather. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If a team is not getting walks, they aren't elevating the opponent pitcher's pitch count. They are also having quicker innings and taxing their own pitchers.
    • I am not going to be an internet stool pigeon and look up your prior posts, but I know exactly what you were saying in your posts in April and May. And again, even if you think those numbers above are good?   They are nothing special.   So not only did you double down with your 800 pound number, but then you have tripled down with thinking those above numbers mean anything. Not trying to be a **** to you but you have NO idea what lifting numbers mean.  As a 20 year old kid, getting top notch advice....if he didn't BP 300, squat 350, and DL 400?  He is way behind the curve. I have done a 450 BP, a 520 squat, and a 600 DL and I am wayyyyy older than him.   And not a pro baseball player.   I realize that his numbers may seem high to you?  But trust me to an athlete these days?  They are nothing.    Anthony Richardson for example, a NFL quarterback, can squat 500 and deadlift 640.   And he is what...a year older than JH?   Stop making JH out to be this super elite athlete.  He just isn't. 
    • I don't even think there is a debate right now.   JH is struggling in the field and at the plate in AAA.  Not good in any respect.   If anything he should be sent back down to AA to get his mind and physicality right. 
    • Cowser should get +1 WAR boost for being team connector and keeping everyone loose (btw I’m only half kidding about this).
    • The link you posted didn't say anything about 800 pounds.  I don't recall the exact article I linked earlier but his one says 455, which is a lot less that 600 and no where near 800. https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/02/20/orioles-jackson-holliday-offseason-training-program/ This says 425: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoQDO6sjzEt/   So someone said something else, you had a fit about it.  Then today someone said 800 pounds, as a joke, and you ran with it.    
    • Maybe as big a decision Elias has in the next few months is whether to make him a priority play for the tournament.    His talent evaluation results overall are pretty good. MLB's 1-1 high school infielders since 1990 are: Best - Chipper, A-Rod, Mauer, Bryce (honorary status as a recent infield convert) Middle - Adrian Gonzalez, BJ Upton*, Justin Upton, Correa, Royce Lewis Worst - Matt Bush, Tim Beckham *BJ Upton went 1-2 but commanded more bonus so as Elias has taught us each draft pool dollar means something. The Orioles have also put a lot of time into Jorge Mateo with nice return, and it may be bad process to tinker with your keystone combo too close to the big dance.   Time horizon is more like weeks if you want half a season for them to gel, and the glass is half full.    Glass half empty, I guess it still isn't out of the range of outcomes Holliday ending up with the Mountcastle International League MVP and a little bit more to work on kind of deal.
    • We will be on Sunday Night Baseball in 2 weeks when we play the Rangers. That was just announced today.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now