The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So, anyone want to second guess Hyde for pulling Bradish in the fourth inning, runners on 1st and 3rd with a 5-3 lead?  I have a feeling that if it hadn’t worked out, we’d be seeing a lot of second guessing of that decision.   

For the record, I thought it was a great decision.  We needed this win badly.  

All 3 at bats in the 4th with Tate had a leverage index over 2, so I'd say that it was good on Hyde to recognize that it was an important situation and he probably wouldn't find a higher level spot for his best relievers later in the game.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

So, anyone want to second guess Hyde for pulling Bradish in the fourth inning, runners on 1st and 3rd with a 5-3 lead?  I have a feeling that if it hadn’t worked out, we’d be seeing a lot of second guessing of that decision.   

For the record, I thought it was a great decision.  We needed this win badly.  

Yep. The win is more important than feelings right now.

11 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Great game a ridiculously quick postgame interview with him…. MASN rushed it off the screen. 

Yeah for once I wanted to hear the PC and they cut away from it real quick.  Guess they wanted the studio host headed home since it was a late night.

How does everyone feel about Hyde leaving Bautista in there for the 9th with a four run lead? I hope he is still available tonight if it's close. He tied his high with six outs and threw 25 pitches (high of 27). He did pitch back to back on 5/23 after throwing 24 pitches in a 1 inning appearance on 5/22. I'm guessing he will be available today in which case I am on board but I think I would have preferred Krehbiel come in that spot. 

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

How does everyone feel about Hyde leaving Bautista in there for the 9th with a four run lead? I hope he is still available tonight if it's close. He tied his high with six outs and threw 25 pitches (high of 27). He did pitch back to back on 5/23 after throwing 24 pitches in a 1 inning appearance on 5/22. I'm guessing he will be available today in which case I am on board but I think I would have preferred Krehbiel come in that spot. 

No problem. Take no chances.  As it was the tying run was on deck.  You take him out, put someone else in to deal with the top of the lineup?  Things could get scarey real fast with no safety net.

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

It was 100% the right move.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

It was 100% the right move.

Hyde did a marvelous job last night.  Bautista will still have at least one good inning in him tonight, but how about this - get a big enough lead that he's not needed.

Notice how much scoring was created last night from BBs and HBP? Patience at the plate and a good version of Dean Kremer could make Hyde look like a genius again tonight.

21 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Consequence may only be that Felix can't go more than one inning tonight, but there's an off-day tomorrow and so he should be ready to go Friday vs. the Nats. Likewise, Tate and Perez should be able to go a fraction to a whole inning and can recuperate tomorrow.

Hopefully we won't be in a situation tonight where Krehbiel, Baker et al are pitching in the highest-leverage spots.

48 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Consequence may only be that Felix can't go more than one inning tonight, but there's an off-day tomorrow and so he should be ready to go Friday vs. the Nats. Likewise, Tate and Perez should be able to go a fraction to a whole inning and can recuperate tomorrow.

Hopefully we won't be in a situation tonight where Krehbiel, Baker et al are pitching in the highest-leverage spots.

I just hope we actually have a lead to protect.

• Upvote 1