MacPhail has TOTAL control? Not what I hear!

Guest Sailor Jerry

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well down here in N. Myrtle the sand is always great tasting. I'll try to clarify. If someone has a source that's all well and fine but from one person's mouth to another person's ear...........

I used to work for one of the largest Remodeling Companies in the Country. Always ranked in the top ten grossing companies in the U.S. I was a regional manager and we had another regional manager that wasn't up to par. The Owner asked me my opinion and I gave it to him. Unvarnished. I told him the guy should be replaced because he had better people waiting in the wings. He disagreed with me for about 1.5 years. Then he fired him and told me I was right all along and wondered why he didn't see it earlier. Did it mean we had a major conflict before he fired him? No. Did it mean we couldn't work together? No. Did it mean I wanted to quit because of it? No, I made killer money and had great benefits and fringes, I'm not crazy. In almost all Organizations there are differences of opinion. That doesn't mean the Organization still can't function properly. I think this is a mountain out of a molehill thing.

Different situation. Did this other Regional Manager report to you, and did his performance have a strong bearing on your success?

I'm a VP for a media company. If I thought one of my direct reports was not excelling at his/her job, and it was holding back the success of my organization, but my boss would not allow me to make a change, I would seriously have to think about my future success with the company. If I'm ultimatly being held responsible for the performance of my organization, I should be given the power to make my organization successful.

Thats a good point. If all Angelos did was step in and say, "I like this guy, don't fire him, but feel free to re-assign his responsibilities" I don't think anybody can really find too much fault in that. If MacPhail wants him out of the position and Angelos said "No, he's good at that job, he should keep it" then there is a pretty significant problem.

Agreed. Until we know the details, there is nothing we can do but assume the worst, based on SJ's source. I have a feeling if they re-assigned Stockstill to another position and replaced him as MiL director, we'd officially hear about it sooner or later. And if that happened, chances are insiders wouldn't be spreading rumors about it in a negative light.

Where there's smoke there's fire, fellas.

Again, the Orioles never made him an offer. He was disappointed they didn't even attempt to sign him...

Yeah, but I also thought he said Toronto was his first choice because he wanted to reunite with his pitching coach from Fla.?

Also, the Nats were the only other team to make him a 5 year offer. There about as close to his home as us.

Now, maybe at this point he does want to be closer to home. Or maybe his agent is using that as a bargaining chip against the BJ's. If he's so set on leaving Toronto, why not just opt out already?.

• 1 year later...

I am bumping this thread...You will see it is from October of 2008...I just brought it up in another thread.

This is interesting...We are hearing about toxic people in the organization...We have Tony hinting around at a lot of problems.

Sailor jerry took some flack for this but maybe he was right all along?

Not to mention, this thread shows that the idea of bringing up the poor development of the team didn't just start this season...This has been a concern for a while and I know I was bringing it up before this thread as well.

This was never true

So you think.

Who is to say your source is any better than SJs?

Plus, with all the talk we have heard lately and with Stockstill being demoted arond the time of this thread, it is certainly reasonable to put things together and think this is true.

So almost 2 years later we are still hearing about serious conflict between the minor league side and the scouting side. That needs to be nipped. Also, there is a great quote post about an unnamed prospect meeting with Stockstill and having to sit in some silly leather chair. Hopefully some of the early contributors to this thread will come along and give us thier updated thoughts.

Archived