Our starters

Philip

It looks as if we have two dependable guys and three undependable Question marks. I was really looking forward to today’s game because I thought Means Was starting, and I was confident in a split. Now I see that Lopez is starting, and my smile turned upside down.

I applaud seeing Zimmerman and Kremer Taking their lumps. They need an opportunity to pitch, and I have hope for both of them. Although I hope the leash isn’t too long. My question is about Lopez.

Haven’t we seen enough? Especially because Lowther is obviously ready?

I appreciate the idea of developing talent and giving guys an opportunity, but hasn’t he had his?

Edited by Philip

27 minutes ago, Philip said:

It looks as if we have two dependable guys and three undependable Question marks. I was really looking forward to today’s game because I thought Means Was starting, and I was confident in a split. Now I see that Lopez is starting, and my smile turned upside down.

I applaud seeing Zimmerman and Kremer Taking their lumps. They need an opportunity to pitch, and I have hope for both of them. Although I hope the leash isn’t too long. My question is about Lopez.

I appreciate the idea of developing talent and giving guys an opportunity, but hasn’t he had his?

I'm hoping that this will be one of his last starts. At some point we would assume that they will put a better product on the field.

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Eshelman is not on the 40 man roster.   Lowther is more likely IMO.

They got there fair share of guys that can be sent on assignment like Armstrong, Urias, Ruiz, Flaa.  No one will claim them.  

3 hours ago, bpilktree said:

I wouldn’t be surprised we change it up and give Means an extra day rest now because of going 9 innings.  

That was already going to happen.  Hyde announced before the game that the TBA starter spot is Saturday, so they already decided not to wait until Tuesday when they "need a 5th starter".

On 4/29/2021 at 6:28 PM, Philip said:

Lopez has an ERA of 3.00 and a WHIP of under 1.00 in the first four innings of games this year. From the 5th inning on, his ERA is 42.43. Why not just make him a strict three- or four—inning opener? 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, bpilktree said:

They got there fair share of guys that can be sent on assignment like Armstrong, Urias, Ruiz, Flaa.  No one will claim them.  

Flaa will get to tell his grandkids about the time he struck out Aaron Judge in his only MLB appearance.  Which is lightyears ahead of any story I'll tell my grandkids regarding my baseball prowess.  He's easily the first pitching DFA, IMO.