May 15th v. The Evil Empire

scOtt

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

Don't worry Detroit Tigers, you won't be the worst team in baseball for long. Yes, I truly mean that. 

Well it doesn’t help our schedule is lot harder.  Below average pitching and facing Yankees and Red Sox all first month and half makes you look lot worse then you are.  

19 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Stewart is a disappointment for  a first round draft pick.....pretty much a bust as of now

Mountcastle is a disappointment, although he may turn out not to be. I’m voting thumbs down, though. Sisco is a disappointment and no one can deny it. Sedlock is a disappointment, Grenier Is a disappointment, Stewart is a disappointment but he may turn things around, Baumler Has already had Tommy John, just a few months after he got drafted. most draft choices are disappointments, but we certainly have no shortage.

Just now, bpilktree said:

I think the balk rule is the stupidest rule on plays like that. He wasn’t doing anything to deceive the opponent.  O’Day had similar one called against us earlier in year.  

Intention doesn't matter though. Whether it is a flinch or a dique, the effect on the runner could be the same. I don't know how you'd design the rule differently. 

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Mountcastle is a disappointment, although he may turn out not to be. I’m voting thumbs down, though. Sisco is a disappointment and no one can deny it. Sedlock is a disappointment, Grenier Is a disappointment, Stewart is a disappointment but he may turn things around, Baumler Has already had Tommy John, just a few months after he got drafted. most draft choices are disappointments, but we certainly have no shortage.

Like I said if you expect every pick to be great pro players you are going to be disappointed a lot in baseball draft.  Mountcastle is still one of top 5 of who was drafted in the first round round.  You got Bergman Buehler, Benintendi, then who from that draft?  

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

Like I said if you expect every pick to be great pro players you are going to be disappointed a lot in baseball draft.  Mountcastle is still one of top 5 of who was drafted in the first round round.  You got Bergman Buehler, Benintendi, then who from that draft?  

I think it is pretty obvious, if anyone drafted after the player you selected ends up with a better career then your guy was a bad pick.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Intention doesn't matter though. Whether it is a flinch or a dique, the effect on the runner could be the same. I don't know how you'd design the rule differently. 

Easy you make it so it isn’t anything until the pitcher has atleast came set.  The little flinches trying to get sign wouldn’t matter.  

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it is pretty obvious, if anyone drafted after the player you selected ends up with a better career then your guy was a bad pick.

That is stupid.  So Garrit Cole was a bad pick?  Trevor Bauer was bad pick? Francisco Lindor bad pick too?  

4 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I understand that. I even said specifically that most prospects  do disappoint, and every team has plenty of disappointments. We’re not the only one. It’s better not to look at the disappointments for exactly that reason: it’s more important to look at the successes.
And where are ours? I’m pretty sure nobody thinks that Mancini was anything except luck, a random “why not?” Guy at 249 that turned out great. Who else? Stewart may be ok, Mountcastle may be ok. Who cares if he’s currently in the top five from his draft? That means nothing. What matters is how he is producing.

Means is a star. Mullins is great if he can stay healthy, Hays is great if he can stay healthy, no complaints about either one except… You know… Health. 

Just now, bpilktree said:

That is stupid.  So Garrit Cole was a bad pick?  Trevor Bauer was bad pick? Francisco Lindor bad pick too?  

You do know that I wasn't expressing my personal beliefs on the topic right?  Based off of how I was defending the Stewart pick earlier?