The Downward Spiral

rudyrooster

My fear of how bad the pitching could be is happening.  Occasionally you get a solid start from someone other than Means but not often. Lopez was solid last night but once again 5 innings.  

Lineup needs Mountcastle to pick it up. 2nd and 3rd are huge holes. Catchers aren’t hitting well. Hopefully Santander gets going.  

17 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't think there is much to sell at the deadline.   I don't know that any team is going to want Matt Harvey, Galvis, Severino, Franco, Valaika or Armstrong.  And I don't see the O's trading Mancini or Santander.

Perhaps Fry not that he would get back a lot. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

He is referring to Santander and Mancini I believe. 

That would be short sighted.   The 2022 Orioles may be a contending team.

Mullin CF, Vavra 2B, Mancini 1B,  Santander RF,  Rutschman C,  Hays LF,  Mountcastle/Stewart DH, Dorrian 3B.  All Elias needs to add is a SS.

Means, Grayson, DL, Bradish, Kremer

Scott, Fry,  Valdez, Tate, Plutko, Lopez, Hunter Harvey,  add a closer.

Trade Mancini or Santander and Elias has to replace a middle of the order hitter this off season and that will be very costly.  Probably not the direction the O's ownership and management want to go.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Mullin CF, Vavra 2B, Mancini 1B,  Santander RF,  Rutschman C,  Hays LF,  Mountcastle/Stewart DH, Dorrian 3B.  All Elias needs to add is a SS.

Trade Mancini or Santander and Elias has to replace a middle of the order hitter this off season and that will be very costly.  Probably not the direction the O's ownership and management want to go.

No, shortsighted is saying we shouldn’t shop them and that we need them to contend.  

You don’t have to trade them but it would be incredibly moronic and irresponsible to not shop them and see what you can get for them.

48 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No, shortsighted is saying we shouldn’t shop them and that we need them to contend.  

You don’t have to trade them but it would be incredibly moronic and irresponsible to not shop them and see what you can get for them.

Elias will no doubt listen but I doubt that he shops according to what he has said lately.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

You assume so much with this. These young players will not only be on the team but productive right out of the gate.

The young arms will not only be up here but able to pitch a ton of innings at a high level. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Elias will no doubt listen but I doubt that he shops according to what he has said lately.

You would have to be pretty gullible to think he isn’t going to be shopping and listening. Doesn’t mean he will be dealing but it’s 100% that conversations will occur.

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I guess the hope is that between the draft and yet another trade deadline dumpster sale, that we can add 10+ organizational top 30 players. 

At some point we need a big group of high end talent to hit here all at once. 2024???

What in Elias' trade history makes you think he is capable of that?  

He is going to trade a very beloved player in Mancini and 90% of our reactions will be "he just got those guys?  Why?"