6/30 moves: Lakins IL, Wells optioned, Wilkerson DFA’ed; Mattson recalled, Watkins selected

Legend_Of_Joey

Sorry to see Wilk go, But I am reasonably confident we will see him again. I don’t mind if Lakins stays away, and I’m curious as to why Matson was promoted when Toney says he’s nothing but minor-league canon fodder?

And why get rid of Wells? The whole point of bringing up your prospects is to let them prospect. So after three innings you send him back down in favor of a non-prospect?

I’m all for giving the warm bodies a chance at the big club, but why can’t we get rid of one of the other non-prospects is already here instead?

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

Sorry to see Wilk go, But I am reasonably confident we will see him again. I don’t mind if Lakins stays away, and I’m curious as to why Matson was promoted when Toney says he’s nothing but minor-league canon fodder?

And why get rid of Wells? The whole point of bringing up your prospects is to let them prospect. So after three innings you send him back down in favor of a non-prospect?

I’m all for giving the warm bodies a chance at the big club, but why can’t we get rid of one of the other non-prospects is already here instead?

They needed two arms. Mattson was already on the 40. Wells being sent back isn’t too big of a surprise. He will be back up probably after the trade deadline. 

• Upvote 1