A's get Holliday

mhd24

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... I'm sure that link is going to get updated, but as of this moment: the entire link is the following:

"The Oakland Athletics have acquired star outfielder Matt Holliday in a trade with the Colorado Rockies, SI.com has learned."

Guess I'll wait or dig for the details later. :)

You know...

We sit around on this board all day and squabble about who we should get and who we shouldn't get and the reasons behind those thoughts. It was only a few days ago when the subject of Holliday was brought up and quickly shot down.

...and then the A's do this. And you sit there and think to yourself "Damn. Maybe it wouldn't have been a bad move..."

You know...

We sit around on this board all day and squabble about who we should get and who we shouldn't get and the reasons behind those thoughts. It was only a few days ago when the subject of Holliday was brought up and quickly shot down.

...and then the A's do this. And you sit there and think to yourself "Damn. Maybe it wouldn't have been a bad move..."

AND... Billy Beane Jr., (aka Sports Guy :) ) was among the round of guys to say no to that trade. A lot depends on how much the A's gave up to get him, but I would have loved to have him in LF in Baltimore this year. Especially if we had a realistic chance of resigning him beyond 2009.

AND... Billy Beane Jr., (aka Sports Guy :) ) was among the round of guys to say no to that trade. A lot depends on how much the A's gave up to get him, but I would have loved to have him in LF in Baltimore this year. Especially if we had a realistic chance of resigning him beyond 2009.

Unless Holliday fires Boras as his agent, you've got to think he's going to test Free Agency.

:eektf: :eektf: :eektf: :eek:

I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING! Terrible move by the A's. Mcafee is nor for hitters.

I think this move is worse for the Rockies. He carried them in 2007, and I don't see any way for them to make up for his offense. Who is our ROX correspondant??? Break this down for us! I like the Rockies, but I'm afraid they made a bad move... let them use the picks themselves!

I think this move is worse for the Rockies. He carried them in 2007, and I don't see any way for them to make up for his offense. Who is our ROX correspondant??? Break this down for us! I like the Rockies, but I'm afraid they made a bad move... let them use the picks themselves!

Holliday is likely to be high on the Type A list next season, so the A's will probably get somebody's 1st round pick for him...

This per SI/RotoWorld/MLBTraderumors....Can Am take a clue and trade:

Hernandez/Cabrera/Baez/Walker and or it does not take months to make a deal.

It does when you're trying to trade parts no one wants. How are those (barely warm) bodies relevant to a discussion of Holliday for established goods and prospects?

:eektf: :eektf: :eektf: :eek:

I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING! Terrible move by the A's. Mcafee is nor for hitters.

You want good hitters in a bad hitters ball park, because they are more valuable (think scarcity).

The edge a good hitter has is decreased in a high offensive park.

--

Fun to see how Holliday does. His road stats the last two years are not too shabby at like .300/.390/480 and we know the average player post a .030 higher OPS at home, for obvious reasons.

But even more so the Coors edge is not so much that balls carry better post-humidor but that pitches move less, especially breaking balls, at Coors.

Matt can clearly hit and a theory is he'll do better than expected out of Coors because his current road stats also reflect the difficult in adjusting to more movement on balls (expecially breaking balls) every time the Rox go on a road trip.

Archived