2021 Draft Thread

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Ain't nobody got the kind of money left to spend that we do.

I have no idea if that is an accurate statement.

I don't think the O's are going to see a big savings at 1-5 and I think they might have a couple guys in their top 10 they will have to go over for.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I suspect it is.   Estimates earlier in this thread that we had at least $1.7mm left entering today, perhaps well over $2mm.   And so far in our 6 picks today we have taken all college players, including 2 seniors and a grad student.   Guys without much leverage.   So it seems unlikely we have "spent" a significant chunk of that today.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I suspect it is.   Estimates earlier in this thread that we had at least $1.7mm left entering today, perhaps well over $2mm.   And so far in our 6 picks today we have taken all college players, including 2 seniors and a grad student.   Guys without much leverage.   So it seems unlikely we have "spent" a significant chunk of that today.

The difference is, I don't think he saved near that much from 1-10.  We'll see.

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think the O's are going to see a big savings at 1-5 and I think they might have a couple guys in their top 10 they will have to go over for.

If we didn't get a huge savings from the Cowser pick then there's a legitimate chance we pay Cowser close to the same as the Pirates paid Davis. 

I am starting to wonder. Maybe the "we took the best player available" comment on Cowser was true and not just lip service. Maybe they legitimately like him over Rocker, Lawlar, etc. We will see down the road if he proves to be right, but on the surface: i'm disappointed by this draft.