2021 1st round pick (5): Colton Cowser - OF - (Junior) Sam Houston University

1 minute ago, lovetoaster said:

That’s fair, but we also didn’t have the #1 pick in back to back years. I guess it wasn’t from lack of trying, but I don’t think as many teams deliberately tanked back then as they do now. I just don’t think Rizzo should get a medal for making those selections. 

For sure they were chalk picks.

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

????Have you seen Cade Cavelli pitch?? We picked Kerstad lol. 

Also, Nats get TOP talent with international scouting. Soto says hi.

I hate to give the Nats credit, but until guys Elias has drafted can play MLB baseball and play it well, I have more confidence in the Nats ability to develop talent. 

16 minutes ago, doccat said:

I'm a physician who treats Myocarditis.   

I'm afraid if he's still on the shelf this far out, that's really concerning and Can Of Corn might be right....

That’s terrible news. I feel so badly for the kid and will pray the inflammation goes away.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I hate to give the Nats credit, but until guys Elias has drafted can play MLB baseball and play it well, I have more confidence in the Nats ability to develop talent. 

Not even close. Nats are a well run franchise, Rizzo comes from a scouting background and it very good, hate them or love them. Elias? He’s smug and won on a franchise that stole signs. Maybe he should get a Belicheat hoodie for press conferences. 

This draft is also showing you that the pre draft rankings mean next to nothing.  Watson goes 16th..House 12th.  Everyone had Mayer first and goes 4th.

Again, I think Cowser was the wrong pick but you may be able to argue that he was the second or third best player on the board.

2 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

????Have you seen Cade Cavelli pitch?? We picked Kerstad lol. 

Also, Nats get TOP talent with international scouting. Soto says hi.

So in a 10 year time frame you give me a guy with 4 starts at AA and an International signing which has nothing to do with the subject we are talking about.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Between 15-20. I am not your Google assistant. Do it yourself. 

Whatever dude, you don’t like the pick. I get it. You’ve already made up your mind on two guys that haven’t played a professional game. You don’t need to exaggerate to make a point. Mike Rizzo is the best, Elias is just the worst. 

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

The O's have been tanking too, they're just not very good at it.  Like the year they " went for it" and lost 115 games.  

Again, I don’t disagree with you. My point was that I’m just not going to give Rizzo any special recognition for drafting two obvious generational talents at 1-1.