What do you want to see in the 2nd half?

Moose Milligan

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

73-0.

Also, I’d like to see Hays stay healthy the entire second half.   

I’d like to see Rutschman and Rodriguez promoted to Norfolk by the end of the month.   

I’d like to see more of Lowther and A. Wells in the majors.   

Oh come on, that second item is totally far-fetched.

Hate to say it, but I want to see a good return for Mancini. 

The backflip guy at Norfolk, Dusten Knight. He has a decent resume and needs a chance soon if he is going to be anything. 

Diaz. Time to sink or swim. I don't have high expectations but time to see what he's got. 

More Urias.

Jones in some capacity, even if he just takes DH/LF reps from DJ Stewart. 

Means and Zimmerman come back healthy and stabilize the rotation. DFA Harvey and Lopez. 

Kremer back if he can get straightened out. 

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

The backflip guy at Norfolk, Dusten Knight. He has a decent resume and needs a chance soon if he is going to be anything. 

Yes.   Definitely want to see our closer do a backflip on the mound after earning a save.   

I’d like to see competitive baseball.  I would like to see some of the pieces that will be here next year to get winning baseball back in Baltimore. I love Mancini but I am ok trading him for the best return we can get.  I’d like to finally see some starting pitchers make it 6/7 innings.  As for players - 

I want to see what kind of player we have with Diaz, Jones and Bradish.  I’d like to see more competitive baseball and see how Hyde handles the game in some closer/tighter ball games.  

Overall I think there is very few players up until this point that I think we will see and be able to watch for a few years.  I am looking forward to see guys that get us excited for the long haul and players we can be excited about going into 2022 and at least believe that this team can win 70-75 games next year.

22 minutes ago, Philip said:

Harvey,Severino,Valiaka, Valdez, Franco go away. Far away, do not pass GO do not collect $200.

Stewart traded or demoted

Scott, Mancini traded:

BRING UP THE KIDS!

I have to take umbrage with this one a little. While I think we all agree we've seen everything we probably need to see from Stewart (and what we see is largely disappointing), there's definitely no rush to trade him (we'd be selling super low) or demote him (no other outfielders in AAA are really playing well). For now, Stewart is a reserve OF with lefty power who can spell guys or play DH. There's no real reason to swap him out yet because there are no prospects pushing him, although I hope Nevin starts to. 

What's really disappointing is Diaz has a golden opportunity to bump a guy like Stewart or McKenna and he's just been really bad (or hurt) this year. 

• Upvote 1

John Means returns, pitches to expectations, and we never hear the words or phrases “tired arm”, “strain”, “wanted to give him an extra day” or “injured”  in the same sentence as his name!

Cedric Mullins continues his success and wins AL CF gold glove and silver slugger awards this year because.... Trout.

After seeing Reggie Smith as honorary coach at the All-Star game, I can dream that  Anthony Santander may aspire to that comp.

Just now, interloper said:

I have to take umbrage with this one a little. While I think we all agree we've seen everything we probably need to see from Stewart (and what we see is largely disappointing), there's definitely no rush to trade him (we'd be selling super low) or demote him (no other outfielders in AAA are really playing well). For now, Stewart is a reserve OF with lefty power who can spell guys or play DH. There's no real reason to swap him out yet because there are no prospects pushing him, although I hope Nevin starts to. 

What's really disappointing is Diaz has a golden opportunity to bump a guy like Stewart or McKenna and he's just been really bad (or hurt) this year. 

First of all, kudos for using the word “umbrage,” and secondly, I was initially down on Stewart, then I was encouraged, then I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I’m done. He does have a good eye, but his defense is lousy, and his offense is lousy too. 
Id rather have McKenna who I’d outstanding with the glove at least. The only real reason to keep Stewart is because Hays and Santander can’t get up in the morning without getting injured.

I'd like to see 4 inning piggy-back starters - with guys like Lopez, Akin, Kremer, and Kevin Smith.  They're most likely not going to make it as traditional starters, but this might be a way of getting them to be useful major leaguers.  And maybe Lowther and both Wells and Zimmerman should be included with that group.  When you know the traditional method won't work, try something else that has a legit chance.    

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

First of all, kudos for using the word “umbrage,” and secondly, I was initially down on Stewart, then I was encouraged, then I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I’m done. He does have a good eye, but his defense is lousy, and his offense is lousy too. 
Id rather have McKenna who I’d outstanding with the glove at least. The only real reason to keep Stewart is because Hays and Santander can’t get up in the morning without getting injured.

I will agree, I'd like to see McKenna get starts over Stewart, just to see what we have there. Speed is at least something.

14 minutes ago, OrioleInNJ said:

If I had to choose one, I'd go with Santander. He has the potential to be an outstanding RF. He had a great 2020 but just hasn't been the same at the plate this year. I'd like to see him figure it out and kill it in the second half.

Ha... surprising it took this long to mention Santander. I really hope he crushes in the 2nd half. 

34 minutes ago, JimGinSP said:

John Means returns, pitches to expectations, and we never hear the words or phrases “tired arm”, “strain”, “wanted to give him an extra day” or “injured”  in the same sentence as his name!

Cedric Mullins continues his success and wins AL CF gold glove and silver slugger awards this year because.... Trout.

After seeing Reggie Smith as honorary coach at the All-Star game, I can dream that  Anthony Santander may aspire to that comp.

Shoulder fatigue.