UMBC vs. Towson

blueberryale77

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Towson will have the game wrapped up by halftime.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wednesday night at the RAC will be a major test for Kennedy’s team, as they do battle with the defending America East champion Retrievers and their star guard, Jay Greene, who nearly single-handedly led a dramatic late game comeback on Saturday afternoon in their 61-56 win over a pesky Toledo team.

If Towson harbors hopes of competing in the CAA this year, a step in that direction would be a win on Wednesday night.

It’s not going to be easy.

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforrester/2008/11/29/hoops-penn-state-wallops-towson/

Call me crazy but if I'm watching a college sport instead of a professional one I like it to be with players who look like regular college students, stick around for four years, attend classes, and sometimes even graduate.

Yea and I can just go down to my local gym and watch the same stuff. The brand of basketball can be unbearable to watch sometimes.

Wednesday night at the RAC. We must have lots of alumni of both schools on here... who else is watching? Predictions? Let's get some good old fashioned trash talking going that doesn't involve Maryland or Duke! :beerchug1:

Towson is going to get ran out of the gym on Wednesday night.

At least it will be a short ride home!

Yea and I can just go down to my local gym and watch the same stuff. The brand of basketball can be unbearable to watch sometimes.

Have you ever watched any UMBC or Towson games? We're not talking about Division III here. UMBC has come closer to beating Georgetown in the last year that Maryland just did.

Have you ever watched any UMBC or Towson games? We're not talking about Division III here. UMBC has come closer to beating Georgetown in the last year that Maryland just did.

December 2007:

American 67 Maryland 59

UMBC 83 American 68

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I mean you guys can cite individual games all you want...sure mid-majors have beaten power conference teams before, great.

But if you honestly believe the brand of basketball is more fun to watch than I don't know what to tell ya.

For me it is more fun. I went to UMBC so it's great to see the school do something outside of the chess team.

On the whole no, I'm not going to watch a Sienna vs. Marshall game.

I am more interested in UMBC/Towson then I am UM/Duke. It's just because of my ties to the school.

For me it is more fun. I went to UMBC so it's great to see the school do something outside of the chess team.

On the whole no, I'm not going to watch a Sienna vs. Marshall game.

I am more interested in UMBC/Towson then I am UM/Duke. It's just because of my ties to the school.

Exactly. Nobody's saying that a person from California is going to be more entertained by UMBC vs Towson than MD vs Duke (although probably a few of those crazy hippies would be ;)) but on a Baltimore-based message board with numerous members who attended one or the other of the schools involved, you would think there would be some interest.

That said, if I were a kid or person who hadn't gone to college and lived in Columbia, MD (between Baltimore and DC) and wanted to become a fan of a local college basketball team right now, I would still probably choose UMBC over Maryland. Why?

• They win more often, including a lot of close games.
  • They play like a team and actually seem to really enjoy playing together.
  • They exceed expectations instead of being a bunch of highly touted recruits who can't seem to put it all together.
  • Their coach is hilarious.
  • They have a player who's my height... and he's damn good!
  • Easier to get tickets.
  • Anybody can be a Terps fan, rooting for an underdog makes you more unique.

Archived