Who is the Orioles 2021 #8 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #8 prospect?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #8 prospect?

• Samuel Basallo - C
    • Kyle Bradish - RHP
    • Heston Kjerstad - OF
    • Connor Norby - 2B
    • Jordan Westburg - SS/3B

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Gotta be Westburg next, who most here (including me) had at 7. 

After this, it gets interesting.  Gonna be a lot of debate from # 9 on although I hope we do the 11-15, 16-20 groupings like in previous years. 

Yep.  Once you get past Westburg, assuming he goes here, it’s really a toss up of a lot of guys.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep.  Once you get past Westburg, assuming he goes here, it’s really a toss up of a lot of guys.

For me, the top 9 were pretty legit to rank. From 10 on there's a lot of things to consider and really I could start group these guys into groups of things I like and things that concern me. 

Having 8 to 9 legitimate prospects who could be average to impact major leaguers with a whole host of guys still with some upside to become that is pretty darn good.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

For me, the top 9 were pretty legit to rank. From 10 on there's a lot of things to consider and really I could start group these guys into groups of things I like and things that concern me. 

Having 8 to 9 legitimate prospects who could be average to impact major leaguers with a whole host of guys still with some upside to become that is pretty darn good.

One thing that is interesting about this is many of these guys are about ready to be here.  What is this team going to do to make room for them (at least those who need guys cleared out of the way) and when does that happen?

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That might be a good enough reason to slot Kjerstad  at 9 right after Westburg if Kjerstad is going to go anywhere in the top 10 to 15. 

1-8 IMO are all likely to be everyday players/valuable starting pitchers at a minimum.  After that, you got guys who carry some risk for one reason or another and could easily become back end starters, relievers, platoon types, or flame out completely. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

That might be a good enough reason to slot Kjerstad  at 9 right after Westburg if Kjerstad is going to go anywhere in the top 10 to 15. 

1-8 IMO are all likely to be everyday players/valuable starting pitchers at a minimum.  After that, you got guys who carry some risk for one reason or another and could easily become back end starters, relievers, platoon types, or flame out completely. 

Yea I’m thinking Kjerstad is 9 based off of what Tony just said about the top 9.  I think that’s a fair place to put him.

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

Slam dunk Westburg here. Then it's Kjerstad for me.

I second this 

43 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

One thing that is interesting about this is many of these guys are about ready to be here.  What is this team going to do to make room for them (at least those who need guys cleared out of the way) and when does that happen?

It won’t be nearly as hard as you make it seem. About half of the current 40-man could be released tomorrow with little to no impact on this rebuild.

Just now, oriole said:

I second this 

It won’t be nearly as hard as you make it seem. About half of the current 40-man could be released tomorrow with little to no impact on this rebuild.

I’m not worried about the organizational fodder.  I’m talking about the ML Players that are blocking some of these guys…players like Mancini and Santander, for example.

45 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Nice problem to have.  For 2022 we have Rutschman, Rodriguez, Stowers, Bradish and Neustrom as likely debuts.    I’d say Westburg and Hall are possible but not likely.