Who are the Orioles 2021 #11 and #12 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the Orioles 2021 #11 and #12 prospects?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2021 #11 and #12 prospects?

• Samuel Basallo - C and Maikol Hernandez - SS
    • Kyle Bradish - RHP and Mike Baumann - RHP
    • Zac Lowther - LHP and Drew Rom - RHP
    • Drew Rom - LHP and Samuel Basallo - C
    • Terrin Vavra - 2B and Maikol Hernandez - SS

This poll is closed to new votes

• Tony-OH changed the title to Who are the Orioles 2021 #11 and #12 prospects?
5 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

If I didn't know Tony was down on Bradisih and Baumann, I would guess them next but I'm calling Rom and Basallo here.   I was expecting Jean Pinto to be an option. 

Rom/Basallo was also my vote.  I'm surprised the Bradish/Bowman combo is in the lead - I don't think it has a chance.  

I think it’s either Lowther-Rom or Rom-Basallo.   It’s my clear impression that Tony is significantly higher on Basallo than Hernandez, so I think Vavra-Hernandez is out and Basallo-Hernandez is probably out too.   I think presently Tony likes Lowther better than Baumann, so Bradish-Baumann is out.    That leaves these two.   I’ll go Lowther-Rom but Rom-Basallo won’t surprise me.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I think it’s either Lowther-Rom or Rom-Basallo.   It’s my clear impression that Tony is significantly higher on Basallo than Hernandez, so I think Vavra-Hernandez is out and Basallo-Hernandez is probably out too.   I think presently Tony likes Lowther better than Baumann, so Bradish-Baumann is out.    That leaves these two.   I’ll go Lowther-Rom but Rom-Basallo won’t surprise me.

Tony likes Lowther more than Bradish/Baumann as a starter, but both of those guys have some potential to be high leverage relievers where as Lowther is likely either a back end starter or a bust.  I'm not sure Lowther comes in ahead of those two and it's just tough to imagine him at no. 11 given the year he just had.  I expect all three to be in the top 13-18 range. 

This is tough. I don't see Hernandez being there after Basallo outhit him as a 16 year old. I am torn between Bradish-Baumann and Rom-Basallo. Baumann was somewhat disappointing after his excellent 2019, as was Bradish following his lights out start to 2021. However, you can argue both did enough to deserve their promotions and both look to be close to MLB ready. Baumann was still #10 in the last power ranking so 12 feels about right. However, I don't see what Bradish has done to move up to that range, let alone surpass Baumann. I think my pick would be something like Baumann-Rom but by process of elimination I will go Rom-Basallo. 

I don't think there's anyway that Tony has Maikol Hernandez this high.  Despite his pedigree as a high bonus Latin SS, he was still way down in the DSL and didn't have much of a season.

I went with Bradish/Baumann although I'm more confident of the Bradish half of this equation.   Just didn't believe any of the other combinations although I could buy into Basallo being this high.

I guess Rom/Basallo would be my 2nd choice.