So, what are we going to talk about now?

Frobby

I generally hate the offseason anyway, but now that the CBA has expired and it’s obvious that talks are going to proceed at a snail’s pace, what the heck are we supposed to discuss for the next two months?    I can only say so much about Rougned Odor and Jordan Lyles.   I think those topics will be burned through by the end of today.  And, we won’t have other teams making moves so we can have the reactionary “why didn’t we do that” or “should we claim the player who just got DFA’d” threads.

It’s going to be a looonnnngggg winter…

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

We can listen to CoC prattle on and on about the CBA like he's been doing for a year and a half.

I typically hate the offseason, too.  But this is going to be a really bad, boring, long one.

Picked up some good vinyl the other day.  Lynryd Skynyrd's first one, Led Zeppelin's first one, a Motorhead bootleg and War On Drugs "A Deeper Understanding."

You scored a bootleg vinyl?

Nice!  I bet folks don't bother with making stuff like that anymore.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You scored a bootleg vinyl?

Nice!  I bet folks don't bother with making stuff like that anymore.

There's a record store in Shepherdstown, WVA that has a lot of bootleg vinyls.  They had a lot of bootleg Metallica and I got one...it's pretty good, it's from 1989.  FM radio broadcast, but it's pretty clear.

I didn't get these albums there, but this Motorhead bootleg looks like it was officially distributed by the band, but it's definitely from a bootleg tape in 1995.  The sound isn't perfect, but it's certainly not from some dope in the audience holding up a microphone.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There’s been some discussion of this.   The warehouse angles away from home plate, so that 439 down the foul line increases very quickly as balls go left of there.   The ground there is 25 feet higher than at home plate, so the “true distance is longer than 439.   And, the wind currents on Eutaw Street aren’t favorable, as wind bounces off the warehouse and pushes back the other way.   

Pretty sure Davis got into one once that looked like it may have had the trajectory. It got over Eutaw Street then seemed to go straight down on a vertical path once the wind got it.