Trade Bait 2022

ScGO's

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Touki Toussaint was just DFAd. A small buy trade for him would be ideal. Upside arm with an option remaining for this year. 

His walk numbers seem a bit concerning, but since he has an option remaining, he might be worth a chance.

Edited by rm5678

13 hours ago, wildcard said:

UrIas will probably have a pretty good 2nd half.

Relevancy?

BTW, the numbers I looked at were from 2021. The guy has a 6+ era at AAA with control issues. I’d probably just pass on him. And is not controlled after this season. I’d pass

42 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So Lopez has self destructed to appearances in a row. Hopefully it’s not a confidence thing ….but I suspect it might be part of his problem regardless of his role. He was able to string a good streak due to his success. But, can he rebound?

Always a question for any closer.  But Lopez did have two blown saves and a couple of losses earlier, and rebounded from those.  

His 87% save rate before this weekend wasn’t anything amazing, and now he’s at 76% which is terrible.  Kevin Gregg was at 76% the year he was our closer.  I think he will bounce back but we shouldn’t kid ourselves that he’s some A level closer even though he can be dominant at times.  He’d have to save the next 23 in a row to get to 90%, which is what’s expected of a top closer.  

I never felt that comfortable when watching Lopez on the mound even with those ridiculous numbers. I would like to see him traded asap because he will never a stretch with numbers like he did until friday.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think they will try to see if they can get value. He’s probably an 8th inning guy on a team that needs as arm but not a closer

That is what I thought to begin the season but then he went of that streak.   

No matter whether he is a closer or just a reliever he's worth keeping.  I would not trade him.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That is what I thought to begin the season but then he went of that streak.   

No matter whether he is a closer or just a reliever he worth keeping.  I would not trade him.

Orioles org has been such a dysfunctional mess. Fans have been conditioned to trade anyone that has value for fear they may underperform. Likely not how you turn a perennial loser to a winner. 

2 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Orioles org has been such a dysfunctional mess. Fans have been conditioned to trade anyone that has value for fear they may underperform. Likely not how you turn a perennial loser to a winner. 

They have to trade Mancini and do what ever they are going to do with Odor.  Other than that I am fine if they stand pat and wait for Gunnar, Westburg, Stowers, Vavra, Grayson and DL.

Thinking about next years team makes me smile .

I think Lopez will rebound ( I think some of it came to pitch call/selection, but that could be a whole new thread, which I may start if I see similar patterns in his next appearance), but I also think that teams looking to trade for him don't see him as a closer. Will be moved into a setup role most likely.

I'm starting to wonder if Elias should try to put a package of players together in order to gain more value in a trade.  For example, a Mancini/Lopez/Santander package is probably the only way we're getting back a Top 100 prospect outside of trading Hays.

I think Mancini, Lopez, and Santader could bring back a few organizational Top 10 Prospects, a few B-/C+ guys, and some DSL lottery tickets if traded independently, which isn't bad, but its probably similar to the returns we saw for Bundy, Sulser/Scott, Castro, Givens. 

If all 3 are put in a package and sent to one team, I could see a Top 100, an organizational Top 10, and a couple lottery tickets. Thoughts?  What playoff contender needs all 3: a bat, a corner OF, and a RP?

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

They have to trade Mancini and do what ever they are going to do with Odor.  Other than that I am fine if they stand pat and wait for Gunnar, Westburg, Stowers, Vavra, Grayson and DL.

Thinking about next years team makes me smile .

If you can trade him, do it, but I really wouldn't care if Odor finished the season with the O's.  He's not horrible, hes not good, but he seems to fill in nicely at times. I'm looking forward to seeing Urias back.  So Odor might be pushed out anyway.  If he's not, its probably bc he's doing half way decent. 

5 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

If you can trade him, do it, but I really wouldn't care if Odor finished the season with the O's.  He's not horrible, hes not good, but he seems to fill in nicely at times. I'm looking forward to seeing Urias back.  So Odor might be pushed out anyway.  If he's not, its probably bc he's doing half way decent. 

I think we will see Urias at 3B.   I think we see Vavra by the end of the month playing at lot at 2B.