Spring Training should be fun

wildcard

If they have it.

The speed of the arms and legs on display.  The power.   The young measuring themselves vs the current major leaguers.  Hopefully mostly all will be healthy and readying themselves for the season.

Adley will be the talk of camp.

Grayson and DL Hall showing their upper 90s arms.   Bradish and Baumann throwing 95-96.    Bautista letting it fly along with Scott.   

Stowers eyeing Hays and Santander to see how he measures up.

Gunnar, Westburg, Ortiz and Vavra showing their talent along side Mateo and Urias.   

A foot race between Mullins and Mateo.

I hope the O's can find a way to show off this talent to the fans in spite of Covid. If they do,  it should be a lot of fun to see and read about.

• Upvote 2

I am going take this in the completely opposite direction.

If they show no inclination towards fielding a competitive team with their off season moves its pretty meaningless.  Moral spring training victories are meaningless when you have 4 months of unwatchable trash.

Spring training hype is how they get you to spend more money on a product that doesn't deserve your attention. 

I’m just hoping spring training starts on time.   I’m hoping to go down and catch a couple of games.  I need to go before mid-March, so a delay would really mess up my plan.  

I’m hoping they give Grayson some meaningful innings against some mostly major league lineups to see how he stacks up.   Of course I want to see Rutschman, too.  For me, getting a look at the minor leaguers when they face good competition is usually the highlight.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

If they have it.

The speed of the arms and legs on display.  The power.   The young measuring themselves vs the current major leaguers.  Hopefully mostly all will be healthy and readying themselves for the season.

Adley will be the talk of camp.

Grayson and DL Hall showing their upper 90s arms.   Bradish and Baumann throwing 95-96.    Bautista letting it fly along with Scott.   

Stowers eyeing Hays and Santander to see how he measures up.

Gunnar, Westburg, Ortiz and Vavra showing their talent along side Mateo and Urias.   

A foot race between Mullins and Mateo.

I hope the O's can find a way to show off this talent to the fans in spite of Covid. If they do,  it should be a lot of fun to see and read about.

I agree! I love spring training man and this will be a particularly interesting one to follow.

Super excited to see the 60 win 2022 Orioles take the field!

Can’t wait to see the arguments about how bad Hyde is because he’s trying to squeeze 160 Innings out of 6 ERA Jordan Lyles, even though it’s his only option.  

Can’t wait to waste a year of Adley’s career!

And most of all, I can’t wait to see people defending the strategy of waiting another year because “we aren’t ready yet”.

Yep…super exciting!  

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Super excited to see the 60 win 2022 Orioles take the field!

Can’t wait to see the arguments about how bad Hyde is because he’s trying to squeeze 160 Innings out of 6 ERA Jordan Lyles, even though it’s his only option.  

Can’t wait to waste a year of Adley’s career!

And most of all, I can’t wait to see people defending the strategy of waiting another year because “we aren’t ready yet”.

Yep…super exciting!  

And here Ladys and Gentlemen, The Grinch That Stole Christmas!  And A Merry Christmas To All And To All, A Good Night!