Naysayers????

Belkast

Jeesh, taking this a little personally today fellas?:mad::rolleyes:

To comment on the spending money part...I wager the O's could count on at least another $1000 from me alone. I would say te signing adds 10 games for me @ at average of $100/game inclduing club seats and beer (the food at the park sucks!). That on top of the 20 or so I would go to anyway, well, you can do the math.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People will always find something to complain about. We could win the World Series for three straight years and a certain contingent will moan about it taking six games instead of being a sweep. That's just the way some people operate.

Well, its not like we haven't been given plenty of ammo. I mean I suppose the fact that we have been bad for so long and seen the same thing over and over again gives some of us the inclination to remain fairly skeptical.

Guest rochester

I am neither certain but definitely not a nay-sayer. Why?

PA trusts AM

1. Building a winner means more revenue and increased team worth
  2. PA lost at least two good friends this year, one unexpectedly
  3. PA trusts AM
  4. Belkast

Why not?

Boras

I already have the new road jersey, and will only have either Roberts', Markakis', or Teixeira's name and number on it. Roberts could be traded. Markakis' extension is crawling like a toddler, and, well, you know the rest with Teixeira. I really don't want to put "Angelos 00" on it because the ushers will never let me wear it in the Yard. It may end up staying blank, but I hope not.

I already have the new road jersey, and will only have either Roberts', Markakis', or Teixeira's name and number on it. Roberts could be traded. Markakis' extension is crawling like a toddler, and, well, you know the rest with Teixeira. I really don't want to put "Angelos 00" on it because the ushers will never let me wear it in the Yard. It may end up staying blank, but I hope not.

Tony I have seen Angelos 666 on jerseys in the yard, the ushers won't care. Moreover, if you have 200 bucks to waste like that I mean go ahead.

IF the Orioles and Teixeira agree to contract terms, I'll be happy...depending on what those contract terms are. If it takes absurd money to make this happen--the kind of absurd money that can cripple a franchise, a la Miss Pay-Rod in Texas--then I'd be quite unhappy overall, despite being happy with having this particular player on the roster.

If the Orioles and Teixeira are unable to agree to contract terms, however, I will not place 100% of the blame at the Orioles' feet, unless I read / hear that they made a low ball "home team discount" sort of unserious offer. If that's not the case, I'm going to assume that at least half of the blame rests with the Boras / Teixeira camp.

And, no...I'm not likely to buy any more merchandise or tickets either way. We already have a full-season plan, and I have plenty of Orioles gear...and I really, really don't like the execution of the new road jersey.

Would not be happy with a huge contract ( over 150 million or more), because it would be a lousy use of our limited resources. However, we do need a 1st baseman as we have none in our system ( where did Smoak go :)}. If he were a Team first guy, which I have heard he is not, it would also make it easier to take. At least Miggy had that rep, at least to a degree. So I hope NO to Tex and YES to a young SS and some pitching help.

Would not be happy with a huge contract ( over 150 million or more), because it would be a lousy use of our limited resources. However, we do need a 1st baseman as we have none in our system ( where did Smoak go :)}. If he were a Team first guy, which I have heard he is not, it would also make it easier to take. At least Miggy had that rep, at least to a degree. So I hope NO to Tex and YES to a young SS and some pitching help.
How limited do you think our resources are?

Or, more tangibly, let's assume Tex gets a $20M per year contract. How big of a payroll would the Orioles need to be able to support (not right away, but once things get turned around a bit) for that to not seem like a poor decision?

I think if we can afford a $110-120M payroll, which I think we eventually will be able to, that spending $20M on Tex would be justifiable.

I am completely indifferent about signing him... what really matters to me is this: If we sign him, great. But what do we have to go along with him? Tex alone is nothing. We need MLB quality skills like his at multiple positions and in starting pitching...

So go ahead and sign him... but stop there and it's all for not. We'll be dealing him away in 3 years to a contender for prospects. But sign him and start making some waves on the market... and then you'll get my attention.

Archived