Naysayers????

Belkast

I'd buy tickets again.

I might even by a Tex jersey.

I haven't been to the Yard in 3 years, and the last O's jersey I owned was a Hoiles one in the late 90s.

So to answer your question, I'd be ecstatic, but still expectant of McPhail to finish the job and surround Tex/B-Rob/Jones/Kakes/Weiters with talent and pitching support.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a naysayer, but such people have earned the right to be suspicious, if not downright negative.

We are all fans here. Some seem to criticize every decision - small and large - and some try to be positive and come up with solutions. No reason to rub anything in anyone's face if we signed Tex, IMO ..... except for some Yankee fans, maybe.

Not a naysayer, but such people have earned the right to be suspicious, if not downright negative.

We are all fans here. Some seem to criticize every decision - small and large - and some try to be positive and come up with solutions. No reason to rub anything in anyone's face if we signed Tex, IMO ..... except for some Yankee fans, maybe.

If they made a move I would buy a pair of season tickets in 2010. I just need a step in one direction or another.

I am a naysayer. There is no way that Tex signs here. The Orioles are not going to ante up and who wants to spend the next 8 - 10 years on a team that can only offer you promises of future team success. I honestly don't know what the purpose is of throwing our names into the mix. I think AM is smart enough to know that the price is going to far exceed what we are willing to pay. So why even bother. Focus on the things that are attainable.

Instead of saying that they were going to explore Tex given geographical advantages it may have simply been smarter to say the following:

AM - "I believe that Tex's future contract will far exceed what we are willing to spend at this time given the amount of work and number of positions we have to address to reach contention. If for some reason the market doesn't go where we think it may then we would explore potential geographical advantages we may have in dealing with Tex."

A good salesman knows that you should always set expectations just below what you are able to deliver. How differently would the board be discussing Tex if he had made this comment instead. I can already see the boards the day Tex signs with Boston/LA/NY. It will just be more of the same that we have experienced over the past several years as once again expectations have been set too high.

That all said, if I am wrong and he does sign in Balt I will eat the biggest portion of crow imaginable.

I'll tell y'all right now, if the O's sign Tex and Burnett, I will go to Spring Training and buy a 15-20 game plan. They're going to be fun to watch.

My dad has given two reasons why he dropped his partial season ticket plan: one, they got too expensive (we were in the box seats by the first base dugout, and two, the team hasn't tried to put a competitive team on the field for years.

Also, I know a few others that honestly went to watch the game because Cal was still playing, and once he left, and since the team stunk, they didn't want to spend the money anymore. I think if AM follows through with is plan of building the minors, and we get some stars on the field, I think you might get some more people to commit to showing up again. Most of us would show up regardless, but if they teams wants the money to keep coming in they need to show that they are making an effort for those who aren't die-hards.

Do I think Tex will solve all the O's problems? Of course not, but if they were get Tex, and some decent pitching instead of bringing in the Trax's of the world and trying to say "we need a veteran presence" I think you'll start to get people interested again...or at least talking about the team again.

How many of you would buy tickets to the yard and team merchandise?

This is a great point, for me at least. I am not spending money on the O's until they show they are willing to spend $ on me. However, if they do manage to get serious and sign Tex, a black Baltimore Tex jersey will be a must have for me and I will definately buy tickets to see him at the Yard. :D

Okay Belkast. I don't want the O's to sign Tex becasue of the cost and although he fills a need there are still holes on this team. Pitchng which i beleive is more of a need and a SS that is a lot better than what was on the team last year. I guess I am thnking thta if the O's ahve to spend all that money of one player. You will be short cutting the pitching and being able to land a good SS. That said if the O's sign Tex then I will happy. Even though i don't agree with it. I mean Tex is a great player so you ahve to be happy I guess.

Archived