Adley shut down for 2-3 weeks

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I thought Law had him #1?

But he’s not..Witt is the better prospect.

3 years younger too. Idk, maybe irrational but I've been very disappointed in rutschman so far. will be closing in on 25 years old before making his debut when the likes of harper, soto, machado, guerrero etc etc were tearing it up in mlb at at 19 and 20

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, amdcpus said:

3 years younger too. Idk, maybe irrational but I've been very disappointed in rutschman so far. will be closing in on 25 years old before making his debut when the likes of harper, soto, machado, guerrero etc etc were tearing it up in mlb at at 19 and 20

The O's could have promoted him much sooner and decided not to.  Not really on him.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

Well that’s not his fault.

9 hours ago, amdcpus said:

I’m going to scream.   Rutschman is barely 24, he won’t be “closing in on 25” when he makes his debut.   Witt is not 3 years younger, he’s 2 years and 4 months younger.    There was no way for Rutschman to debut at age 19 or 20, as he wasn’t drafted until age 21, and his entire age 22 season was wiped out due to COVID.    Rutschman was excellent last season and it’s solely because the O’s wanted to conserve his service time that he has not debuted in the majors yet.   There is ZERO reason to be disappointed in him.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m going to scream.   Rutschman is barely 24, he won’t be “closing in on 25” when he makes his debut.   Witt is not 3 years younger, he’s 2 years and 4 months younger.    There was no way for Rutschman to debut at age 19 or 20, as he wasn’t drafted until age 21, and his entire age 22 season was wiped out due to COVID.    Rutschman was excellent last season and it’s solely because the O’s wanted to conserve his service time that he has not debuted in the majors yet.   There is ZERO reason to be disappointed in him.  

If he really had any initiative he would’ve put Covid down immediately in 2020 so the season could’ve gone on as intended. I just think a 19 y/o Harper would’ve made sure the season got played. 

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, amdcpus said:

If you look at age curves and peak performance, you really want the guy to debut at age 24 and maximize their peak years under contract.  There's always the chance guys like Witt/Harper/Soto/Machado are great talents when they debut, but there's also the possibility of them middling away for 3 years while they still learn the game.  That's the much more likely scenario.