Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

Just now, Just Regular said:

Cardinals going Gorman Friday and Liberatore Saturday, so two more guys the models might now predict to be one day ahead at ~2.120-ish days of service entering 2025 if we go Adley Saturday and Grayson Sunday.

Memphis did pretty well against Norfolk at the big stage, guess they deserve it more.

Adley hasn’t hit a HR in 7 consecutive games, like you’d want to see at AAA before promoting someone. 

9 hours ago, yark14 said:

I think tomorrow is an off day for Adley and he is called up for Saturday's game.

I was coming home after the Oriole game and 105.7  said they  shouldn't bring him up Saturday because he would be overshadowed by the Preakness. Not sure most Oriole fans care about that and doesn't think Sunday for just one game before the roadtrip.But everyone is just guessing. Also said he thought the Monday against the  Yankees ,so everyone guessing.

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I was coming home after the Oriole game and 105.7  said they  shouldn't bring him up Saturday because he would be overshadowed by the Preakness. Not sure most Oriole fans care about that and doesn't think Sunday for just one game before the roadtrip.But everyone is just guessing. Also said he thought the Monday against the  Yankees ,so everyone guessing.

Who cares about the Preakness? The Derby winner isn't even running so there is no chance of Triple Crown. Are the 105.7 people quasi-Orioles PR types like Roch? That is really grasping at straws. At this point I can't imagine any justification other than Super 2, so I will be pleasantly surprised if we see him before June. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yark14 said:

I think tomorrow is an off day for Adley and he is called up for Saturday's game.

Maybe? Or do they call him up and DH him for his first game to get his feet wet, then let him catch Game 2 when Mountcastle will be back and either DHing (or having Mancini DH). 

...Or they wait until next homestand and make everyone mad all over again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Maybe? Or do they call him up and DH him for his first game to get his feet wet, then let him catch Game 2 when Mountcastle will be back and either DHing (or having Mancini DH). 

...Or they wait until next homestand and make everyone mad all over again. 

Was Adley a Mariners fan growing up? The Orioles can spin it that way.He comes up to face his favorite team growing up.

I don't think they call him up in the middle of a series, unless Bemboom or Chirinos goes down with an injury.  I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.  I hate this line of thinking, I really do, but they're not going to have him play for two games at home only to whisk him away on the road.  They're going to want to debut him at the beginning of a homestand to see if they can generate more ticket sales over an entire week/weekend.

As dumb as it is, I don't think they'd call him up while they're on the road, either so I'm assuming he doesn't debut while on the road in New York or Boston.  Again, unless one of our other two catchers gets hurt.

So that leaves Tuesday, May 31st as the date I'm picking.  Home game against the Mariners.  I said he wouldn't be up until June, I was hoping I'd be wrong about that, too.  And while technically May 31st isn't June, it might as well be.

This whole thing is absurd.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't think they call him up in the middle of a series, unless Bemboom or Chirinos goes down with an injury.  I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.  I hate this line of thinking, I really do, but they're not going to have him play for two games at home only to whisk him away on the road.  They're going to want to debut him at the beginning of a homestand to see if they can generate more ticket sales over an entire week/weekend.

As dumb as it is, I don't think they'd call him up while they're on the road, either so I'm assuming he doesn't debut while on the road in New York or Boston.  Again, unless one of our other two catchers gets hurt.

So that leaves Tuesday, May 31st as the date I'm picking.  Home game against the Mariners.  I said he wouldn't be up until June, I was hoping I'd be wrong about that, too.  And while technically May 31st isn't June, it might as well be.

So that would be  around 3 1/2 weeks with the Tides?  Funny that Britton said he wasn't going to play him every day at catcher because he didn't want to overwork him because he would be in the majors soon. Some catching,DH and even a day off. Then the Orioles said they would like him to catch three days in a row. 

16 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Figure no announcement by now,not going to be today.I know thr Orioles have cut some staff and marketing is not a strong suit but you would think they would want to sell some tickets . 16,000 or a little more would be embarrassing. 

Yesterday the Cardinals stagecraft (as I first saw it at least) was a tweet from Goold of the Post-Dispatch about 5pm.

They were on an off-day though for whatever sensitive conversations had to be had.

Frankly it would be kind of sweet of the organization to prioritize Anthony Bemboom's Friday night feelings over hours of ticket lead time in case it is still tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yea, its looking that way.  But yea, this is all to make sure he is healthy.  No doubt!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So that would be  around 3 1/2 weeks with the Tides?  Funny that Britton said he wasn't going to play him every day at catcher because he didn't want to overwork him because he would be in the majors soon. Some catching,DH and even a day off. Then the Orioles said they would like him to catch three days in a row. 

Yeah, important innings for a 100 loss team lol

33 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree, May 31 is the new May 16. That's the date. It would allow them to have him catch a second 3 in a row over the next week, which feels like an Elias checkbox. Frustrating. 

25 minutes ago, interloper said:

I agree, May 31 is the new May 16. That's the date. It would allow them to have him catch a second 3 in a row over the next week, which feels like an Elias checkbox. Frustrating. 

At that point, why not wait a couple more days and save a few million by getting him past Super Two? Not that I agree with this, but seems like May 31 would be the worst of both worlds.