Kyle Bradish 2022

Tony-OH

To some extent I feel like the use of Kyle Bradish's 6.8 years will be the story of if MLB and the MLBPA do anything about pitcher carousels in that time.   

If the Arm Barns stay so big you can liberally enjoy every Driveline Student of the Month throwing their arms out 13 out of 26 weeks, using Kyle Bradish pitches 60-90 any given night may not be that big of a value proposition.

How quickly does baseball want to drum Trey Mancini's early 30's reflexes out of the league?

45 minutes ago, interloper said:

Big start for Kyle tonight against a hot Red Sox squad, and coming off a not-great start. I want to see him put together a QS. 

Good call.    Kind of a more upside than downside kind of night...something like 5 IP, 4 R maybe even a qualified success, as we wait for the white smoke and try to get through a clump with neither Watkins nor Rodriguez.

18 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Good call.    Kind of a more upside than downside kind of night...something like 5 IP, 4 R maybe even a qualified success, as we wait for the white smoke and try to get through a clump with neither Watkins nor Rodriguez.

5 IP 4 R will feel a LOT better if the offense gets him some runs and keeps it competitive. Honestly, I'm looking at the offense (specifically our vaunted 1 through 6) just as much as I am Bradish because they really should be better than they've shown recently. 

On 5/5/2022 at 3:09 PM, Moose Milligan said:

Took me awhile to find it:  https://video.masnlivestream.com/video/Kyle Bradish on his rough fourth inning against Twins/2170

It's not that bad, IMO.  Not all of these guys are going to be brilliant and engaging in front of the media.  Not all of these guys are going to like answering questions, especially after a bit of struggling.  Maybe there's a little bit of Bedard here, and that's fine.

Which brings me to the best ever Bedard/media exchange:

Bedard:  "I'm only allowing three questions."

Reporter:  "Why only three questions?"

Bedard:  "That's one."

I died.  That was hilarious.

Revisiting from op 

Bradish just needs more consistency.  No doubt he has the stuff to be a successful starter.  He threw some good changeups.  At times he has a wipeout slider but he needs to be more consistent with it.  

44 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Bradish just needs more consistency.  No doubt he has the stuff to be a successful starter.  He threw some good changeups.  At times he has a wipeout slider but he needs to be more consistent with it.  

I agree.  Also, it's not like the O's have a group of competent starters in the minors ready to succeed in the majors.

I must say I really like Bradish’s stuff.  If he can sharpen his command just a little, I think he can be an effective starting pitcher.   He’s pretty strong, threw 105 pitches tonight in 4.2 and still had good zip on the ball.  I can’t blame Hyde for removing him after the 2-out walk in the 5th but I was disappointing that he didn’t get the W for the second start in a row.  

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I must say I really like Bradish’s stuff.  If he can sharpen his command just a little, I think he can be an effective starting pitcher.   He’s pretty strong, threw 105 pitches tonight in 4.2 and still had good zip on the ball.  I can’t blame Hyde for removing him after the 2-out walk in the 5th but I was disappointing that he didn’t get the W for the second start in a row.  

Should be a good learning opportunity there, gotta earn the chance to keep going, especially for a Rookie.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:35 PM, Frobby said:

I guess they keep trotting him out there. He could go to AAA to work on things, but he looked really good there, and it’s not like we have too many options. 

We could re-arrange the game a bit and have an opener go the first inning of his starts. I think that would benefit Hall too. 

51 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I guess they keep trotting him out there. He could go to AAA to work on things, but he looked really good there, and it’s not like we have too many options. 

We could re-arrange the game a bit and have an opener go the first inning of his starts. I think that would benefit Hall too. 

Very little reason to go to AAA.  He just probably isn’t a starter, which has been the book on him.

You certainly keep sending him out there in the meantime but that has always been his most likely outcome.  At his age and with his experience, it’s time to sink or swim.