DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

I'm surprised that Hall is getting to AAA this quickly after starting his season. I'm glad, but surprised. I thought for sure, they'd give him 4-5 starts at AA before AAA. I'm happy to see it. Here's hoping we can see him and Rodriguez in the Majors by August. 

14 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I'm surprised that Hall is getting to AAA this quickly after starting his season. I'm glad, but surprised. I thought for sure, they'd give him 4-5 starts at AA before AAA. I'm happy to see it. Here's hoping we can see him and Rodriguez in the Majors by August. 

Same, Elias himself hinted at AA all along. This is nice to see, given that Hall already has pitched well in AA, albeit briefly. The Norfolk rotation could use a little boost, too. 

I would love the O's  to promote Adley and Hall to the bigs at the same time. Doubt it happens, but who knows.

The dual promotions to AAA are exciting news.   It’s pretty clear Elias doesn’t plan to slow-walk Hall.   I think he senses that with Hall’s injury history he should get Hall to the majors as soon as feasible.  I think the people who were annoyed when Elias left Hall in Sarasota for a couple of weeks need to reconsider.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The dual promotions to AAA are exciting news.   It’s pretty clear Elias doesn’t plan to slow-walk Hall.   I think he senses that with Hall’s injury history he should get Hall to the majors as soon as feasible.  I think the people who were annoyed when Elias left Hall in Sarasota for a couple of weeks need to reconsider.

I watched him today.  He dominated in innings 1 and 2.   Little less effective in inning 3 but still good.   Inning 4 was more of a struggle.   Left guys in scoring position when he was pulled which the reliever left score.

So he is still building up his stamina.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Haha.  Good one!

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Why?  Because he got to AAA fast?  Are you saying he couldn’t be in AAA by now  if he started the year in Bowie?

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why?  Because he got to AAA fast?  Are you saying he couldn’t be in AAA by now  if he started the year in Bowie?

Not at all.   I’m saying people were concerned that Elias held back Hall in Sarasota because he was going to be slow-rolled all year.   And now it’s pretty clear that wasn’t the case.   They were just trying to keep his innings down because he’s going to be on an innings limit for the year and they’d like some of those to be in Baltimore.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not at all.   I’m saying people were concerned that Elias held back Hall in Sarasota because he was going to be slow-rolled all year.   And now it’s pretty clear that wasn’t the case.   They were just trying to keep his innings down because he’s going to be on an innings limit for the year and they’d like some of those to be in Baltimore.   

He was throwing down there right?

I've never seen any data showing that those innings are stress free.

Have you?

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The part about slow roll is fair although I have anticipated he would be up by July anyway.

I don’t see the second part as relevant because he was throwing down there. He was still using his arm and throwing pitches/innings.

What he has done doesn’t change my stance.  I don’t see why he couldn’t have started in AA from the get go.  As good as Hall is, he isn’t a polished guy and has very few innings in the upper minors.  I would have rather seen him throwing his pitches against better competition.  Not likely to matter in the end but just because he’s in AAA doesn’t change that thought process.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

The team is going to look so much different with Grod, Adley and Hall on the roster. All they really need is a few infielders and their set.

That strike ratio was very impressive.

I share Frobby's thought, that microscopic analysis on where Hall throws his "warm-up" innings doesn't matter.

What matters is that he's probably going to throw 70-90 innings with the Orioles this year.

• Upvote 1