DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

I thought his body pump on strikeout 11 ending the 5th carried a little of he thought he was at the end of his day.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=2&stats=pit&qual=40&type=1&team=all&season=2022&seasonEnd=2022&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=11,1

Back in the Top 5 of International League Arms.    His 37 K and 14 BB components an exaggeration of the Red Sox Bello's 34 K and 10 BB....the Rays hit him around in his MLB debut last night.

I think he has more physicality than Bedard, which I hope translates to endurance, but watching him overwhelm hitters felt Bedard-ish.

He has passed Grayson at strikeouts in about eight fewer innings.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Watch ‘em all!   What a beautiful array of pitches.   Hall was really pumped for the final three.  Fun to watch!

I wanna give a shout out to that Jacksonville Announcer Scott Kornberg. First off, he's a fantastic game caller, but he told interesting stories, had background on the Tides players as well his own, and was clearly getting excited watching something pretty special even though it wasn't his team.

This guy needs to be in the majors. He's fantastic.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

I thought his body pump on strikeout 11 ending the 5th carried a little of he thought he was at the end of his today.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=2&stats=pit&qual=40&type=1&team=all&season=2022&seasonEnd=2022&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=11,1

Back in the Top 5 of International League Arms.    His 37 K and 14 BB components an exaggeration of the Red Sox Bello's 34 K and 10 BB....the Rays hit him around in his MLB debut last night.

I think he has more physicality than Bedard, which I hope translates to endurance, but watching him overwhelm hitters felt Bedard-ish.

He has passed Grayson at strikeouts in about eight fewer innings.

Hall has way more talent than Bedard which is not a swipe at Bedard. Bedard had a plus plus slider that he did most of his damage with while Hall brings four pitches including a plus-plus changeup paired with a plus-plus fastball. Both of his breaking balls are average and flash plus at times. 

It's never been any question on the stuff. I've never really seen this kind of stuff in the minors, not from anyone.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Hall has way more talent than Bedard which is not a swipe at Bedard. Bedard had a plus plus slider that he did most of his damage with while Hall brings four pitches including a plus-plus changeup paired with a plus-plus fastball. Both of his breaking balls are average and flash plus at times. 

It's never been any question on the stuff. I've never really seen this kind of stuff in the minors, not from anyone.

More importantly, Hall will answer more than 3 questions from the media.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I wanna give a shout out to that Jacksonville Announcer Scott Kornberg. First off, he's a fantastic game caller, but he told interesting stories, had background on the Tides players as well his own, and was clearly getting excited watching something pretty special even though it wasn't his team.

This guy needs to be in the majors. He's fantastic.

Kornberg, or Hall?  😄

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I don’t disagree with your assessment that Hall is more talented than Bedard, but I think you’re underselling the latter’s talent a bit.  First of all, his plus-plus pitch was a curve, not a slider.   But his fastball also was plus, and he mixed in a cutter that wasn’t overwhelming but kept hitters off balance and kept them from timing his fastball, which was 4-5 mph higher than the cutter.   

Bedard had trouble staying healthy, but his 2007 season was easily the best I’ve seen from an Orioles pitcher since Mussina in his prime.   Good thing Andy had the good sense to cash in.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t disagree with your assessment that Hall is more talented than Bedard, but I think you’re underselling the latter’s talent a bit.  First of all, his plus-plus pitch was a curve, not a slider.   But his fastball also was plus, and he mixed in a cutter that wasn’t overwhelming but kept hitters off balance and kept them from timing his fastball, which was 4-5 mph higher than the cutter.   

Bedard had trouble staying healthy, but his 2007 season was easily the best I’ve seen from an Orioles pitcher since Mussina in his prime.   Good thing Andy had the good sense to cash in.  

About to say, I only remember the insane curveball from Bedard. And the ability to spot the fastball on the inside black to righties. So fun to watch. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Speaking of Bedard, it’s 15 years to the day that he struck out 15 while facing the minimum 27 batters against the Rangers. Just lights out that night. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I'd very seriously consider bringing him up soon, but you do wonder where Bradish and Zimmerman fit into this season's ML plans, and what downstream effect they will have on the staff.

Well we know Wells isn’t too long for the rotation.  

My guess is that the rotation by August has Harvey and ZImmerman in it.   You also have to see how Bradish responds to his shoulder issue and how many innings/what role they want Hall in. 

• Downvote 1