John Rhodes 2022

waroriole

He is an exciting talent, absolutely. He did not look overmatched in Spring Training with the big club. I do wonder about his durability. He had a back injury that prohibits him from catching. I am curious how that affects him over 130 games. 

On 4/9/2022 at 10:15 AM, waroriole said:

My pick to click this year.

I think this is an excellent pick to click. I'm obviously hopeful on a lot of guys, but of the guys that are somewhat down the prospect lists, Rhodes seems to have one of the best upside profiles. The other guy was Ortiz, but he's kind of all over various lists, so I'm not sure he qualifies. Haskin is the third for me, but I'm not sure I have a lot of credibility on picking him after he hits 3 dingers in a game.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much talk in here about Rhodes. He has been my dark horse candidate to make a major league roster since 2020.  He's off to a great start offensively this year.  What are his limitations that keep him from being promoted?  Does he have enough arm to stay in right field?