John Rhodes 2022

waroriole

11 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Well, Rhodes is doing everything you'd want and he's even got 2 assists in the outfield.    The greedy part of me wants to see some home runs.

I asked for Prieto to get hot and show patience.  The next day he got hot.   I posted this today about Rhodes.   Hmmmm.    

P.S.  I didn't realize there were two John Rhodes 2022 threads.  Someone should merge!

Went to game tonight, it's rare to see so many potential future major leaguers in one game.

I think there's a decent chance - maybe 10-25% or so - that Rhodes winds up a better major league hitter than Colton Cowser. That's both a compliment to Rhodes and a bit of a knock on Cowser. Hope both of them can be quality MLB regulars.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, waroriole said:

Rhodes cooled off a bit, but he continues to hit. Tonight he’s 2-2 with a walk, putting his OPS at .921 in 109 PAs. 

4 hours ago, waroriole said:

Rhodes cooled off a bit, but he continues to hit. Tonight he’s 2-2 with a walk, putting his OPS at .921 in 109 PAs. 

And 10 stolen bases.  I'm in camp Rhodes.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:17 AM, Brooks The Great said:

Went to game tonight, it's rare to see so many potential future major leaguers in one game.

I think there's a decent chance - maybe 10-25% or so - that Rhodes winds up a better major league hitter than Colton Cowser. That's both a compliment to Rhodes and a bit of a knock on Cowser. Hope both of them can be quality MLB regulars.

Lawler signed for $1.8 million more than Cowser did.

If we don’t take an under slot Cowser then we don’t end up with over slots for Rhodes and Willems. Those two signed for a combined $1.6ish million over slot alone. Rhodes only was eligible for the draft because it was pushed back a month because of COVID. 

I wonder if he has a nagging injury of some kind.  Cowser has appeared in 35 games.  Rhodes, 28 games.   Rhodes has been producing from the beginning of the season but he seems to get more days off than you'd expect.

29 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I wonder if he has a nagging injury of some kind.  Cowser has appeared in 35 games.  Rhodes, 28 games.   Rhodes has been producing from the beginning of the season but he seems to get more days off than you'd expect.

They have 4 OFers they're working in (Cowser, Williams, Rhodes, Cook).  Plus, a good amount of competition for DH ABs as well.

40 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

They have 4 OFers they're working in (Cowser, Williams, Rhodes, Cook).  Plus, a good amount of competition for DH ABs as well.

Donta Williams was a senior sign drafted after Rhodes who was the overslot guy.   Rhodes has also performed better.   Williams has been in 33 games with 137 PA's.    Rhodes has been in 28 games with 119 PA's.   Might be nothing but it seems strange to me.