The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

Someone asked Roch on his blog about Buster Olney's comments regarding us dropping out.

I'm sure he's not the only one who assumes they'll drop out of the running as the bids grow. We'll see. I've never heard from anyone in the front office that they'll go anywhere near 10/$200, but I know that rumor's been out there, as well. - Roch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the "Roch only reports what the Orioles tell him to" crowd:

I really, really doubt that Roch has been ordered by someone way up the ladder to hide/deny/withhold any information, or to purposely leak any other information. It's okay to take off your tin foil hats. We're talking about an organization who hasn't had a winning record in 11 years, not the CIA, here.

To everyone else:

Can we please drop the whole Ravens game/private suite/Angelos/Biscotti discussion? Nobody can say for sure if he was there or what happened, and frankly it makes no difference. What makes the difference is the contract we want to give him. If we pay him the most money, he'll come home. If someone else pays him similar or more money, he'll probably go to one of the other teams that have been mentioned. I know we're all big time fans here desperate for some good news, and I like the tidbits from those with insider info as well, but these "Mark Teixeira watch" threads are getting ridiculous.

I know we're all big time fans here desperate for some good news, and I like the tidbits from those with insider info as well, but these "Mark Teixeira watch" threads are getting ridiculous.

Well the Teixeira Watch threads started with the first one which had articles and news posted from different media sources. But right now that has all dried up as it seems Tex is close to a decision.

I honestly think the next piece of news will be an article of Tex being close to agreeing to terms with the Orioles. Just when will that occur, nobody really knows, but that's why we are on the "lookout."

For all we know, Tex could be Boston bound, as everyone is telling us he is. But, it sure does appear to me that there is some kind of cover-up going on. Why is Roch, Schmuck, Cunningham, etc. so quick to jump on this with out and out denials that Tex was in the stadium. To Roch's credit, he did say whether Tex was there or not, so what? Which is true to an extent. Tex being at the game doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. But I just don't understand how some people (Viv and Bulldog, Hank's sources) saw Tex there, while others (Roch, Cunningham) swear he was not. I just don't get it. What's the big secret?

The Warren Commission thought they had an open-and-shut case. Three bullets, one assassin. But two unpredictable things happened that day that made it virtually impossible. One, the eight-millimeter home movie taken by Abraham Zapruder while standing by the grassy knoll. Two, the third wounded man, James Tague, who was knicked by a fragment, standing near the triple underpass. The time frame, five point six seconds, determined by the Zapruder film, left no possibility of a fourth shot. So the shot or fragment that left a superficial wound on Tague's cheek had to come from the three shots fired from the sixth floor depository. That leaves just two bullets. And we know one of them was the fatal head shot that killed Kennedy. So now a single bullet remains. A single bullet now has to account for the remaining seven wounds in Kennedy and Connelly. But rather than admit to a conspiracy or investigate further, the Warren Commission chose to endorse the theory put forth by an ambitious junior counselor, Arlen Spector, one of the grossest lies ever forced on the American people. We've come to know it as the "Magic Bullet Theory." This single-bullet explanation is the foundation of the Warren Commission's claim of a lone assassin. Once you conclude the magic bullet could not create all seven of those wounds, you'd have to conclude that there was a fourth shot and a second rifle. And if there was a second rifleman, then by definition, there had to be a conspiracy.

;)

The Warren Commission thought they had an open-and-shut case. Three bullets, one assassin. But two unpredictable things happened that day that made it virtually impossible. One, the eight-millimeter home movie taken by Abraham Zapruder while standing by the grassy knoll. Two, the third wounded man, James Tague, who was knicked by a fragment, standing near the triple underpass. The time frame, five point six seconds, determined by the Zapruder film, left no possibility of a fourth shot. So the shot or fragment that left a superficial wound on Tague's cheek had to come from the three shots fired from the sixth floor depository. That leaves just two bullets. And we know one of them was the fatal head shot that killed Kennedy. So now a single bullet remains. A single bullet now has to account for the remaining seven wounds in Kennedy and Connelly. But rather than admit to a conspiracy or investigate further, the Warren Commission chose to endorse the theory put forth by an ambitious junior counselor, Arlen Spector, one of the grossest lies ever forced on the American people. We've come to know it as the "Magic Bullet Theory." This single-bullet explanation is the foundation of the Warren Commission's claim of a lone assassin. Once you conclude the magic bullet could not create all seven of those wounds, you'd have to conclude that there was a fourth shot and a second rifle. And if there was a second rifleman, then by definition, there had to be a conspiracy.

;)

Thank you Donald Sutherland

;)

But several questions remain-

Did Tex in fact wear an Ed Reed jersey whereever he was yesterday?

Has Tex ever eaten Boogs BBQ, and are unlimited french fries apart of the deal?

Did Paris Hilton eat lunch in Baltimore yesterday at the Hilton near Camden Yards?

Roch

Meanwhile, I read a comment on this blog last night that Keith Mills reported having seen Mark Teixeira in the MASN suite during the Ravens game.

I spoke with Mills earlier today and he had no idea what I was talking about. He didn't see Teixeira and never mentioned him on the air.

It never ends.

One amusing note from our conversation: Millls said he went down to the field late in the game, and a member of the sideline crew asked if Teixeira was in the MASN suite.

I am betting that Hank Scorpio asked him. :rofl:

Speculation upon speculation upon speculation with various people bashing the integrity of Roy Firestone, Roch Kubatko, Buster Olney, Bruce Cunningham, Peter Schmuck, and others...

I really hope we sign Tex, but I'll be pleased on at least one level either way once this circus is over.

I think they are one and the same.

it wouldn't surprise me if many of those suites were sponsored by MASN in some way shape or form, seeing as how almost everything in the NFL is sponsored by someone.

I'll never see them, the only time I get to go to M+T is for Poly/ City (GO POLY!)

Raven-gate, is stupid. Lets just all chill and wait to see if we get anymore info on the actual negotiations. Where Tex was last night has no impact on that.

Have you ever been on the suite level??? I have a number of times & can tell you that the above is not true.

I've personally sat in the Mayor's Box & Budweiser's .... The owners box would belong to the team owners. MASN's box is MASN's box & so forth.

Have you ever been on the suite level??? I have a number of times & can tell you that the above is not true.

I've personally sat in the Mayor's Box & Budweiser's .... The owners box would belong to the team owners. MASN's box is MASN's box & so forth.

Jees calm down, don't I say like two sentences down that I wouldn't really know and I was just making an assumption.

Speculation upon speculation upon speculation with various people bashing the integrity of Roy Firestone, Roch Kubatko, Buster Olney, Bruce Cunningham, Peter Schmuck, and others...

I really hope we sign Tex, but I'll be pleased on at least one level either way once this circus is over.

Boras is completely owning everyone. Seriously, this guy is a genius.

Well the Teixeira Watch threads started with the first one which had articles and news posted from different media sources. But right now that has all dried up as it seems Tex is close to a decision.

I honestly think the next piece of news will be an article of Tex being close to agreeing to terms with the Orioles. Just when will that occur, nobody really knows, but that's why we are on the "lookout."

Ah, JTrea81 ever the optimist. I like that. I am the yang to your ying however. I still think there is 0% chance he signs here. But I will tell you that if you are right and I am wrong it shouldn't be a shock that the media completely whiffed on it. Again, I think it is telling that MacPhail was able to meet with Tex prior to the meetings without anyone knowing. When Olney and Gammons were reporting that Tex met with Wash and NYY AM's meeting went unnoticed. This guy is good. The fact that MacPhail has been as forthright as he has been about his disappointment if we do not land Tex shows me that he is going to go all out to get him, but he is going to do it the way he does things, quietly and methodically.

Yeah, but people like Roch and Schmuck cover the team for a living.

Not to discredit Firestone, Up Close was a fine show and all, but don't you think local beat reporters have a better grasp of whats going on with the team?

I'm not denying that Firestone has had a good career. I don't see what linking to his home page has to do with anything. Lance Armstrong and Kareem Abdul Jabbar probably aren't Oriole fans.

I'm just trying to say that journalists who work for the Sun and MASN, who follow the team for a living, probably have a better grasp on the situation then someone who is currently an entertainer in Miami. Thats all I'm saying.

Bruce reminds me of Ron Burgundy in many ways.
We're just having a conversation brother.

We'll talk about Tex when something relevant hapens.

Just out of curiosity, why was this guy released? Naughty PM?

Archived