Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

They clearly slow played Adley.  They did with Grayson as well.  It’s not really debatable.

Did they? He played 1 year in the minors and then was injured to start this year. Was anyone from his class up last year besides Andrew Vaughn? 

The lost Covid year impacted his progression, but I wouldn't necessarily say they slow played him. 

10 minutes ago, TheWall said:

Did they? He played 1 year in the minors and then was injured to start this year. Was anyone from his class up last year besides Andrew Vaughn? 

The lost Covid year impacted his progression, but I wouldn't necessarily say they slow played him. 

He should have been up last year.  If the Os were contenders, you better believe he would have been the catcher by the AS break.

3 hours ago, btdart20 said:

I doubt Gunnar is in Baltimore this year.  He would really have come out of the blocks hitting, but I still doubt it.  And I was one who said to promote him to AAA really early this season based on his K/BB improvement.  (I wonder if these promotions were as much a psychological salve for the team/fanbase after the Grayson injury?  Not to answer, just to ponder...)  

Some extra factors/dependencies (IMO) are:

* Breaking camp OD is dependent on the odds of making the playoffs, it's a service time game (which makes sense for cost-conscience teams in most cases).  But a signal would be how active we are signing FA in the off-season (in context of other AL East team odds).  

* Throw in the draft benefits for teams who have a top 3 ROY finisher, and the O's could stuff the ballot box with a couple of competitors.

I don't think Elias does any movements of players based on the fanbase.