ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You want answers? You can't handle the answers...

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Elon Os Fan? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the Orioles and curse the Red Sox; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the answers because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

;)

Well played!

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Elon Os Fan? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the Orioles and curse the Red Sox; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the answers because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

;)

That was simply phenomenal!

I never really had an NFL team, I cheered mildly for the Lions before the Ravens got here (only b/c I was 12 or so and liked Barry Sanders), but once they got here I became a full fledged Ravens fan. I'm sure a lot of the younger (under 30) posters here are in the same boat... does that make us not real Ravens fans?

Yes, and there are huge penalties and maximum jail sentences will be incurred. :wedge:

Obviously I'm referring to psycho Nats dads who feel the need to buy every piece of Nats memorabilia ever made and deck his kids, dog and car out in it. Kids are usually fine, unless they're the little brats that Nats people have. Then they're bad. :)

It's unlikely there will be any further updates tonight, so everyone might as well get some sleep. :)

I wish you all luck. Also wishing the Cards would get into the Peavy sweepstakes, but it looks unlikely. My prediction is still that Peavy ends up either in Chicago or Houston, so I guess it's good news that the Yankees signed Burnett and the Braves may sign Furcal, making it more likely the Braves would go after Peavy as the front line ace they need to approach competitiveness in the NL East.

;)

Question is, did you do this off of memory?

I was trying to think of the speech myself.(btw, i can hear Jack yelling this in my head now)

If you're a true baseball fan, you'd probably have a team. If you had a team and were a true baseball fan, you wouldn't switch allegiances so quickly (the cities are what...35 miles away?). The only instances I can see are of old Senators fans. So, maybe 5% of Nats fans are real fans?:clap3:

Nats fans make me angry but give me a good laugh/cry when I ask why they're fans.

:rolleyes: The same thing can be said for Ravens fans

Okay, when you say things like "The Nats are a baseball team? They have fans?," you realize that you sound EXACTLY like Red Sox fans when they were playing Tampa in the ALCS, right?

They have real fans the same way that the Ravens have fans. Ravens fans didn't buy into having the Redskins shoved down our throat after the Colts left. The Redskins weren't "Baltimore." Just like the Orioles aren't "Washington D.C."

So quit with that, huh? Unless you want to sound like arrogant, self-involved Red Sox fans. ;)

Archived