ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poe did not in fact do that. Common misconception arising from the fact that the man who managed to become his literary executor hated him, and did everything in his power to destroy Poe's reputation after his death. Poe was neither a drunk nor a drug addict; he had a horrid reaction to taking morphine when he was given it once in the army, and more than one drink caused severe nervous reactions in him.

It's more likely he died of rabies. Really. No foolin'. Rabies. Not as cool as drinking yourself to death, sadly.

I thought he was an absinthe devote? Either way, I sort of have Poe to thank for my writing career. I wrote some shoddy thing in highschool that a teacher compared to an obscure Poe poem. I woke up that day and haven't slept a wink since. 12 years and three novels later, here I am, 10:30 on a Tuesday, waiting for someone to pay someone else $200 million dollars to play with a stick.

Not that I'm apologizing...

Yeah, I looked it up. That's not it, but thanks for the lesson in number sequence. ;)
During the course of the movie, Kaffee watches two live baseball games. One game is between the Braves and the Padres, and you hear the Braves hitting a home run in the 9th inning to tie the game at 10 runs a piece. Later in the movie, Kaffee is watching the infamous game (to Twins fans), in where the Orioles end the Twins' 15 game winning streak.\n

\n The problem is, the movie took place in September and October of 1992. The Braves/Padres game was played on June 24, 1990, while the Twins/Orioles game was played on June 17, 1991.

\n \n I highly doubt Kaffee had both of these games on tape to watch during his leisure time.\n \n

from nitpickers.com

I thought he was an absinthe devote? Either way, I sort of have Poe to thank for my writing career. I wrote some shoddy thing in highschool that a teacher compared to an obscure Poe poem. I woke up that day and haven't slept a wink since. 12 years and three novels later, here I am, 10:30 on a Tuesday, waiting for someone to pay someone else $200 million dollars to play with a stick.

Not that I'm apologizing...

Nah. He may have gone through periods of drinking and then years of abstinence. But his widely believed drug use is mostly the creation of, as I said, his literary executor, jerk named Griswold, I believe, who set out to ruin his reputation after he died. His lies and false memoirs and rumors have stuck.

Ok it's bed time...Lets all have sweet dreams, wake up, turn on Sportscenter, go to the bathroom to brush our teeth, and hear the breaking news story of Mark Teixeira signing with the Baltimore Orioles! Dropping the toothbrush on the floor, signing in to OH and loving every second of all the posts and laughing at everyone who gave us no chance in this signing! Goodnight eveyone I'll be on bright and early tomorrow!

Guest rochester
Sorry to disagree but if Duquette were given the same parameters to opertate under as AM has been given by PGA he would have done just fine.

PGA a major difference here.

I tend to agree with this... Duq is a good baseball man but working for the Wilpon's then PA...phew..

Nah. He may have gone through periods of drinking and then years of abstinence. But his widely believed drug use is mostly the creation of, as I said, his literary executor, jerk named Griswold, I believe, who set out to ruin his reputation after he died. His lies and false memoirs and rumors have stuck.

Maybe if Poe had given Clark W. his Christmas bonus, that never would have happened.

Archived