A Favorable O's Schedule through June

wildcard

43 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Getting so tired of the guys on the team not hitting. Another one run loss where they had guys on 2nd and 3rd with not outs and couldn't even hit a sac fly. My new name for Cedric is: Cedric "Pop up" Mullins.

Any one going to let me know why he is STILL in the leadoff position? I hope I'm wrong, but the guy needs to be batting 6th or sent down to AAA. 

Orioles are now 10 games under and I'm concerned that they'll be caught by teams such as Cincinnati, Kansas City, Detroit, Oakland, Washington, and Colorado, which is every bad team right now. 

Orioles are now going to face the Chicago Cubs, which I see Baltimore win one game out of the two.  

Mateo is at the top of the list of guys not hitting. He literally has not been the same at the plate since he collided with Spencer Torkelson in Detroit.

49 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Getting so tired of the guys on the team not hitting. Another one run loss where they had guys on 2nd and 3rd with not outs and couldn't even hit a sac fly. My new name for Cedric is: Cedric "Pop up" Mullins.

Any one going to let me know why he is STILL in the leadoff position? I hope I'm wrong, but the guy needs to be batting 6th or sent down to AAA. 

You need a serious reality check.  He’s leading off because, despite his struggles, he’s fourth among the regulars in OBP, and he’s a good basestealer/baserunner.   Of the three guys with a better OBP, Mancini and Santander aren’t going to lead off.   Hays is the other.   He could lead off but is probably better where he is.  
Meanwhile, Mullins is third on the team in rWAR at 1.3, which makes him an above average major league player.   His chances of being sent to AAA are zero.  

• Downvote 1

This is the time in the season when I gradually lose interest as the early excitement of baseball being back fades and it becomes apparent that the Os are headed for yet another forgettable year.  A little winning streak against similarly lesser teams would be welcome, but just don’t see that in the cards with the starting pitching on life support and the inconsistency of the offense.  

Adley’s poor performance and GR’s injury are not helping with morale either.  

I guess on the bright side it’ll be interesting to see them play the Cubs simply bc of the rarity of the matchup?

3 hours ago, Emory Eagle said:

This is the time in the season when I gradually lose interest as the early excitement of baseball being back fades and it becomes apparent that the Os are headed for yet another forgettable year.  A little winning streak against similarly lesser teams would be welcome, but just don’t see that in the cards with the starting pitching on life support and the inconsistency of the offense.  

Adley’s poor performance and GR’s injury are not helping with morale either.  

I guess on the bright side it’ll be interesting to see them play the Cubs simply bc of the rarity of the matchup?

I doubt there will be anything good with the Cubs, lots of injuries, and low morale, like you said. But we'll see the matchup.

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The Orioles probably should have moved the game up to 3 pm today against the Cubs. Stormy weather coming in after 7 or 8. Other teams have changed times when it looked like some bad weather later on in the evening. Hopefully the rain hold off till after 10.

Can't do that, then there'd only be like, 1,000 fans in the stadium instead of the 7,500 or so that would be there later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Can't do that, then there'd only be like, 1,000 fans in the stadium instead of the 7,500 or so that would be there later.

Some Cubs fans in the area ,so had over 11,000 paid fans yesterday . Actual was probably way lower due to the rain. Both teams are traveling after the game. Orioles to now playing the worst and worst record in the majors ,Kansas  City. Cubs actually have a day game tomorrow at Wrigley which seems stupid after a night game in Baltimore tonight 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Going Underground said:

Some Cubs fans in the area ,so had over 11,000 paid fans yesterday . Actual was probably way lower due to the rain. Both teams are traveling after the game. Orioles to now playing the worst and worst record in the majors ,Kansas  City. Cubs actually have a day game tomorrow at Wrigley which seems stupid after a night game in Baltimore tonight 

These things happen when you have to condense a season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I was impressed how many fans stayed to the end, considering the weather and the lopsided score.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I was impressed how many fans stayed to the end, considering the weather and the lopsided score.   

Where you there? Many Cub fans?

The other Chicago team is playing an afternoon game tomorrow in Chicago.  Need to go back to school for reading comprehension. CWS doesn't spell Cubs 

10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Where you there? Many Cub fans?

The other Chicago team is playing an afternoon game tomorrow in Chicago.  Need to go back to school for reading comprehension. CWS doesn't spell Cubs 

I was not there.   Just observing what I saw on TV, as I did watch it through the end.  I did not see a ton of Cubs fans there but I can’t say I was looking for them, either.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Going Underground said:

The Orioles probably should have moved the game up to 3 pm today against the Cubs. Stormy weather coming in after 7 or 8. Other teams have changed times when it looked like some bad weather later on in the evening. Hopefully the rain holds off till after 10.

The Orioles never listen to me and that is one of their problems.