Tuesday, June 7: Cubbies in town for two games

SteveA

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Does the humidor have no effect when the weather is already humid?  When there's low humidity, it would make the ball heavier and I presume decrease distance on how far the ball travels. 

What about high humidity?

I'll run some tests and get back to you 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9521b51eb5e0716d66af9

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hay 464 foot home run distance according to Rob Long!

Hays has developed into one of the best outfielders in baseball.  We had a lot of people on this board that doubted him for years.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yark14 said:

Hays has developed into one of the best outfielders in baseball.  We had a lot of people on this board that doubted him for years.

My only worry about him early on was staying healthy. But damn is he fun to watch 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, yark14 said:

Its really nice to see him be healthy for an extended period.  I believe he was the first player in his draft class to reach the show.

15 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Does the humidor have no effect when the weather is already humid?  When there's low humidity, it would make the ball heavier and I presume decrease distance on how far the ball travels. 

What about high humidity?

Worthwhile question. 

The country was also colder than normal in April. 

22 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yeah, and that wasn't in the front row either.   A solid 10+ rows up.

Batting practice the day of the All Star Game, I watched Juan Gonzalez put a whole bunch of balls up there, and even off the facing of the 3rd deck.

But I suspect that they was hitting superballs that day.

I was at the Workout day. At the Derby he hit the 3rd deck. I remember during regular batting practice where all the players took part Frank Thomas hit the second deck. 

Rutschman with a base hit.  He was 7 for 54 prior to that at-bat, so he is now 8 for 55 as a major league hitter.

Quite a number of years ago, the Orioles had a young player who also started his career by going 7 for 54.  You could look it up.

Name was Brooks Robinson.  He didn't turn out too badly.

• Like 1