Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

JA released a statement this morning saying they aren’t moving the team, blah blah blah.

This is what I thought he would and should do. 

He was never going to directly address what his brother said but would talk about the stability of the franchise in the city. 

That said I have always been amused about how a local owner buying the team prevented its relocation. No, Camden Yards prevented that which predates the Angelos control. They have always played off of that for show. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, that’s about as definitive and unqualified as a statement can be.  I’m sure that won’t stop the tin foil hat crowd from conjuring up some secret agenda to move the team, but there’s zero evidence of that.  

John would 100% move the team if he could.  I don’t doubt that.  

But he’s not going to be allowed, so it’s not worth discussing.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, that’s about as definitive and unqualified as a statement can be.  I’m sure that won’t stop the tin foil hat crowd from conjuring up some secret agenda to move the team, but there’s zero evidence of that.  

Literally every post after yours in fact 😂 (and I’m with you, statement did not leave any wiggle room on the team move piece)

41 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

John would 100% move the team if he could.  I don’t doubt that.  

But he’s not going to be allowed, so it’s not worth discussing.

But by having this rumor out there,the Angelos family got what they want. The general assembly and the MSA gave them lower rent because attendance is down.Built the new wall for them. 600 million in public funding The second most ever in public funds for a baseball stadium besides Yankee Stadium. Baltimore the small market. Plus for any other things held at Camden Yards ,the Orioles keep all of the revenue. Why would you move if you don't have to put up one cent in private funding.Most other cities want at least some private money to refurbish or build a stadium.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

6jihon.jpg

Yes,and in 2016 an Oriole fan with inside knowledge of the move to Nashville ,stormed the Iraqi parliament to protest. 

Thousands, Including ‘Orioles Fan’ Breach Baghdad’s Green Zone – CBS Baltimore
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/05/02/thousands-including-orioles-fan-breach-baghdads-green-zone/

On 6/11/2022 at 1:37 PM, Goop said:

After all these years as an Orioles fan, I had no idea the word dysfunction was spelled A-n-g-e-l-o-s. Who’d a thunk it?

As a Redskins/Team/Commanders "fan" and an O's fan, I always thought it was hyphenated. Snyder-Angelos

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1